Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pretty neat, but I'm not sure how practical it would be. Super loud with an extremely high pitch and wicked hot exhaust. But it would be super smooth.

Wouldn't be cheap either.... :lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
12,145 Posts
Pretty neat, but I'm not sure how practical it would be. Super loud with an extremely high pitch and wicked hot exhaust. But it would be super smooth.

Yup, ain't nothing like having your idle speed up at 55,000 RPM. :scared: :lol:

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

WOW! I guess that's positive proof of concept. Nobody said it has to be practical. Jets started out as paper airplanes and now they are as common as sliced bread. :yahoo:

·
Registered
967 Posts
I want one!!! Kickback might be a Witch to deal with....

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
I want one!!! Kickback might be a Witch to deal with....
yeah-but where would ya buy the fuel at?:dunno: i mean-i guess could ya mix ur own fuel for it-maybe. probably need high heat bar oil as the chain speed it would run at.:mocking:

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Registered
967 Posts
yeah-but where would ya buy the fuel at?:dunno: i mean-i guess could ya mix ur own fuel for it-maybe. probably need high heat bar oil as the chain speed it would run at.:mocking:

.... and I forgot to mention, that I would also want the Optional Afterburner Kit. Kool or what!

·
Old Pa-pa
12,145 Posts
.... and I forgot to mention, that I would also want the Optional Afterburner Kit. Kool or what!
Would double as an igniter and air pusher for the burn pile when you're done. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
Being practical is an understatement.
Put that time and money into improving the 2/4 stroke.
IMO, just a cool gimmick.

·
Administrator
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, ain't nothing like having your idle speed up at 55,000 RPM. :scared: :lol:
That's the free turbine speed, not the output turbine (2nd stage). Think of it this way, the first stage is the engine that provides a lot of hot, high speed air, like Gizmo. Then that "blows" on the output turbine, aka the second stage, which extracts the energy from the engine and converts into a rotating shaft for practical use. My bet is the clutch is fairly unmodified other than to fit the turbine's output shaft.

It's super cool and very unpractical. I like it. :mocking:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
That thing will run on kerosene. That’s all jet fuel is.

I want one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Old Pa-pa
12,145 Posts
That's the free turbine speed, not the output turbine (2nd stage). Think of it this way, the first stage is the engine that provides a lot of hot, high speed air, like Gizmo. Then that "blows" on the output turbine, aka the second stage, which extracts the energy from the engine and converts into a rotating shaft for practical use. My bet is the clutch is fairly unmodified other than to fit the turbine's output shaft.

It's super cool and very unpractical. I like it. :mocking:
That part of your technical explanation makes it all perfectly clear as to the function of the first stage. :thumbup1gif:

:lol:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Aside from the subsonic wood chip flow, and the Lord help you if the chain ever comes off. Grab another beer and come out to the garage and see what I just got. What could possibly go wrong... Don’t forget to yell “CLEAR” before starting.

Reactions: Robnik and keane
1 - 13 of 13 Posts