Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm not sure why you would want to wrap your rear tires with twine by twining them.
;-)
=O)

Twinning, or dually tires, is a different matter altogether.

Go and ask the dude at Good Works Tractor about it. He has an ongoing experiment with exactly that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure why you would want to wrap your rear tires with twine by twining them.
;-)
=O)

Twinning, or dually tires, is a different matter altogether.

Go and ask the dude at Good Works Tractor about it. He has an ongoing experiment with exactly that.

you spell pretty good for a maniac! ha
It's been a looooooong time since school and a long time since I cared!!!!!!
Having said that, I was wondering if the extra stability was worth the ???????? down falls.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
You ask if someone would do this, I ask why someone would need to....

I wouldn't add dual tires and wheels and frankly, they appear to me to be more of a novelty item than a practical, necessity item. I simply can't imagine where they would be necessary, if there is that much of a traction challenge, perhaps you have either the wrong equipment or should wait until the surface drains and dries out.

I also think that you are putting unnecessary strain on the steering, rear end drive parts, etc. Also, it looks a little ridiculous on that size tractor in my opinion, but hey, if it floats someone's boat and they want to spend their money on adapters, and extra tires and wheels, it's America and its one's right to do what they want to their 1025r. Just be prepared for Deere to disclaim any warranty damage or repairs needed as a result of running unapproved modifications or use outside of the tractors design.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You ask if someone would do this, I ask why someone would need to....

I wouldn't add dual tires and wheels and frankly, they appear to me to be more of a novelty item than a practical, necessity item. I simply can't imagine where they would be necessary, if there is that much of a traction challenge, perhaps you have either the wrong equipment or should wait until the surface drains and dries out.
Extra stability, to avoid tipping, for steep side-hill work and mowing. Also, greater stability for loader and fork work when the load is up high.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Extra stability, to avoid tipping, for steep side-hill work and mowing. Also, greater stability for loader and fork work when the load is up high.
I agree. It could be very useful in certain situations. Especially areas that have wet fields or the like.
That being said...would i do it? Probably not. Seems like it could be something like a golf course could use as a dedicated small machine.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Duals have their appropriate application.
I simply cannot imagination a genuine application for a lawn tractor.
Agreed. Appearance is really the only reason, sort of like putting 26-12x12's on a 110. They certainly would decrease the likelihood of rollover on a hillside, but it you're on a hill that steep, the fronts would need it, too. That's a huge expense (extra set of wheels and tires, plus the mounting kit) for a narrow purpose. One side benefit would be greater flotation, unless you added a crapton of weight to the rear, duals wouldn't bite as well as singles, as little (relatively) as the 1 series weighs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts