Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, it seems the rear locking mechanism on my 60D AutoConnect deck is twisted. The two pictures show how the left side locking bracket is up higher than the right. I bought this mower/tractor used. It is a 2019 1025r and mower.
I believe this thing has been twisted before I bought it. I am not sure if it is actually twisted, bent or a little of both. I have tried to find the part number for this, but have not been able to find the linkage diagrams, the mower deck diagrams do not have this one them.

Any chance this could be twisted back enough so the right side will engage enough to keep the deck on properly. I have been able to get it connect and mow with it, but it has always been a struggle. Now that I figured out the issue, I would like to fix it before I have a real problem with it while using the mower.

Any assistance, ideas are much appreciated.

Bass
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Gas
Green Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,910 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi Basshunter
I have a 54D deck on my 2015 1025r (800Hrs} with the same rear locking rod. I had the welds crack badly, and miss alignment. I removed it, welded up the cracks and realigned it. To realign it I stuck on end a vice then gently twisted the other and till I was happy with the alignment then re installed it, that was over a year ago and I have had no problems since.
I have had to do a number of repairs to my deck and the lifting assemblies, luckily I am a Mechanical Fitter (tradesman) so I have saved my self hundreds of dollars, on the tractor as a whole over a thousand dollars doing repairs myself. Most if not all the repairs were needed because of bad design. As a whole the tractor is brilliant its just let down by things like the seat suspension unit and the mower deck lift and deck mount assembly these problems were addressed years later. regards John

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
might try twisting it back into place. It really has nothing structural to do other than keep the dogs up in place to secure the deck.
I will definitely try to twist it back into usable alignment. Not sure if I should heat it or just try heating it?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Note where the return spring is and hook it back up the same way after rebending the rod, so you don’t end up dropping the deck accidentally. Happened to me while mowing and it was a pain to get it back up.

·
Registered
589 Posts
We’re the cracks on this linkage rod or the main body of the deck?
Hi Basshunter
The crack was where the rod attached to the locking tabs. I found one locking tab was engaged and the other wasn't, on closer inspection I found a cracked weld. I removed the assembly re welded it checked the alignment and reinstalled it, it been working properly.
Regards John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts