Discussion Starter #1

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Yep, Just as I figured. You can keep it.:lol:

·
Registered
709 Posts
We haven't had any bear in east Texas for a very long time. They were all hunted out. I have seen a few on my trips up north. I enjoy seeing them.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I saw Black Bear when I was in Alaska. They were feasting on Salmon that had gone upstream and finished spawning. Gorgeous creatures. I never felt unsafe around them, but also did not get near the mom with her cubs. I just retreated the same way that I had walked into the area, calmly.

I can't recall ever seeing Bear anywhere else live and up close, unless you want to consider a zoo.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
I saw Black Bear when I was in Alaska. They were feasting on Salmon that had gone upstream and finished spawning. Gorgeous creatures. I never felt unsafe around them, but also did not get near the mom with her cubs. I just retreated the same way that I had walked into the area, calmly.

I can't recall ever seeing Bear anywhere else live and up close, unless you want to consider a zoo.
GTT could be considered a Zoo,,,,sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Plenty of black bears here in MI as well. Not so much in the southern half of the state, but definitely all over the place in the northern lower peninsula and upper peninsula.

When we go hiking as a family in the UP I carry a large can of bear repellent (pepper spray on steroids.) My wife doesn't like me hiking with a sidearm.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neighbors kept telling me of the bears outback.... I installed a few cameras to find out what exactly was back in the woods. I never saw a track other than moose and deer. Well, that was all put to rest. Last week I heard an 18 wheeler hit the brakes then a few other vehicles in suit. Anyway, the "Brown Guy" delivery service came directly up the drive asking if I had just seen the bear in my drive? Holy carp! The wildlife usually travel outback onto the vacant lot next door and cross the road to access the river through the woods unseen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts