Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
17,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody is interested in the old two-cylinders tractors, then I highly recomend getting this magazine. They are very well illustrated and always have great technical articles to read. Another neat thing is old letters to the dealers about fixing known issues-what today are known as PIP's.

Treat yourself or ask someone to treat you, I promise you won't be disappointed.

http://www.two-cylinder.com/about.htm

·
Registered
733 Posts
Are you a subscriber Ken?
I'm subscribed to Green Magazine (Among others like Heritage Iron)...and I like it. I've heard about but never thumbed thru a TwoCyl mag.

·
Administrator
17,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
If anybody is interested in the old two-cylinders tractors, then I highly recomend getting this magazine. They are very well illustrated and always have great technical articles to read. Another neat thing is old letters to the dealers about fixing known issues-what today are known as PIP's.

Treat yourself or ask someone to treat you, I promise you won't be disappointed.

http://www.two-cylinder.com/about.htm
Green Magazine is another that I enjoy www.greenmagazine.com ~Scotty

·
Administrator
17,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
10 Posts
i get both as well and enjoy em both and have been for a couple years now. last winter i went to a sale and bought every issue from 1998-2010 for a dollar. i keep em for a reference. alot of good materials inside.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
A few years ago I got an email from Mary Herbers of Green Magazine asking if she could use a picture of my then 112L for an article she was writing. I said yes. I have that issue somewhere. Here is the picture she used:

000_0008.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
I used to subscribe to both, both good magazines! I have several years of both magazine's back issues that I should put up for sale as I don't have any two-lungers anymore! ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I get green magazine. Mary did an article for me in a sleeve hitch attachment in the JD 71 planter. Use it every spring to plant the garden and it works great.

·
Administrator
17,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have several years of both magazine's back issues that I should put up for sale as I don't have any two-lungers anymore! ~~ Lowell
I call dibs if you decided to sell!:lol:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I would say Two Cylinder magazine is the serious publication for Two Cylinder pureist's. At times, some issues can be boreing, but overall it's the best on the subject & ranks high. The only drawback to it is that it is rather expensive for a bi-monthly. But if you like a well printed, high quality publication this is it. Unfortunately, because it is so specialized with limited appeal & audience, if you ever want to sell your back issues, it's near to impossible to find a willing buyer at a fair price. Or maybe that's because of all the information out there on the internet. But still there is something nice about being able to hold information in your hands & reading it. Just my two cents worth.
:munch:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts