Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Do you mean the 290:

There were a few more...like the 246/247 and 70/71 come to mind...the 70 & 71 were unit type so I dont know how Deere sold em back in the day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes 290. Im looking at buying one (2 row planter) not sure what model it is. Its got a hydrolic cylinder on it. All the pics of a 290 I've seen non of them have that. Any ideas what it might be?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yeah with pics we'll be able to help...
Heres a Deere 7000 that has been cut down...to a "Degree" it could be considered factory, but there was never a 2 row 7000 planter offered.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Looks to be a lister planter...And from the pics...nice shape to boot!

As far as worth...thats a little tougher. What you gonna do with it? Use it or show it? If your gonna use it, I'd only say go cheap as you can (obviously :lol:) because if you gotta chase down parts, it gets expensive quick. From the pics, it appears to be in decent shape and pretty much all there, so thats a plus. If it were down the road from me, Id probably try to be in the 200/250 range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I plan on using it food plots and things. Thank you for all your help. I was thinking the same around 200. Do you know if what plates they might use? Where might I find a manual for it? I have a whole bunch of 494 planter plates would they work?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Manuals....Best place for an original would be eBay. There are also a few "Reprinters" out there that offer reprinted versions.
Plates...I believe that all the JD Planters utilize the same plate...so I think your 494 plates will be fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts