Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drive shaft u joints on 1026R and 1023E engine to transmission and transmission to front drive look the same. Will Moog #410 u joints fit in these applications. The grease fittings is located on one of the caps of the Moog parts that would certainly add greasing task. So I guess I'm asking if AM131981 (Maybe I have wrong # and should ask about this one LVA803335) is replaceable with #410 Moog part?

Also are the mower deck u joints same as drive shafts?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just found this u tube thru a google search that shows the #410 u joints I was asking about.

Seems Moog and Napa are identical and same part number.

Is the drive shaft u joints on the 2 series the same as 1 series?

The u tube is on a JD 2320. Appears that lubrication access is poor just as on 1023E and 1026R.

I like the placement of the zerk on the cup of the joint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUb9ET_6l6o

Found another but again a 2 series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwmCc7IrVng

·
Super Moderator
8,150 Posts
If you happen to purchase these replacement u-joints that relocate the Zerk fitting into the cap, make sure that the fitting doesn't "bottom-out" on the end of the cross (under the bearing cap.)

I purchased a couple of these Moog replacement u-joints. Had to use a washer under the Zerk to allow the fitting to tighten on the bearing cap and prevent it interfering with the U-joint cross underneath.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you happen to purchase these replacement u-joints that relocate the Zerk fitting into the cap, make sure that the fitting doesn't "bottom-out" on the end of the cross (under the bearing cap.)

I purchased a couple of these Moog replacement u-joints. Had to use a washer under the Zerk to allow the fitting to tighten on the bearing cap and prevent it interfering with the U-joint cross underneath.

Yes the u tube mentions that about the zerk. I have in my stash zerk fittings with shorter threaded length. I don't see that as an issue as long as the #401 will fit the 1023E drive shafts. One should inspect the zerk protrusion prior to assembly. This is sure something that could be over looked. Good point........

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have done this on my 2015 model year 2025R. Worked great, no issues. Save the retainer rings from your OE u joints. You will need one for the cap that has the zirk fitting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts