Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see where Artillian sell replacement edges for the front blade, but after searching the site I don’t see where anyone has changed their blade for the rear unit. I’m using a 47 inch front blower and there are times when I’d like to scrape the slush from the drive without digging into the asphalt. I’ve found a company that will cut to length, width and thickness for a fair price, but is there anyone in the GTT community that has done this? I’m wonder what spacing of the bolts I might use and how much exposure of the edge I might use with out snapping it off

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
I see where Artillian sell replacement edges for the front blade, but after searching the site I don’t see where anyone has changed their blade for the rear unit. I’m using a 47 inch front blower and there are times when I’d like to scrape the slush from the drive without digging into the asphalt. I’ve found a company that will cut to length, width and thickness for a fair price, but is there anyone in the GTT community that has done this? I’m wonder what spacing of the bolts I might use and how much exposure of the edge I might use with out snapping it off
Are you committed to UHMW? Try a few searches and you will see threads where folks have used cut down horse stall mats. You can get multiple strips from one mat. If you do decide to go with UHMW just use your existing cutting edge as a drill guide for the holes. Replace the plow bolts with longer ones if needed and you'll be in business.

My brother just did his Land Pride RB-1572 rear blade.

Reactions: ky_shawn and PJR832
1 - 2 of 2 Posts