·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umm, yeah.... THANKS for that helpful info, Pat. :nunu:

:hide:

:lol::lol::lol:
You're very welcome Mark :laugh:

I had an invite, guess it's the only way to see it.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
That is one of the most interesting things you've ever posted Pat! :lol:

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
umm, yeah.... THANKS for that helpful info, Pat. :nunu:
That is one of the most interesting things you've ever posted Pat! :lol:
Honestly I kind of bummed that it didn't link, I wasn't sure if it would being I was on an invite to view it. Too bad really, it has some very good information regarding the fuels and their relation to cold temperatures and exactly what the additives do and do not do.

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suppose only movie stars get the invite..... :dunno:

and you just wanted to rub that in our un-cool faces?!?!?!? :banghead:

:lol:
Ah hah, you could be onto something, :unknown: :lol:

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Too bad really, it has some very good information regarding the fuels and their relation to cold temperatures and exactly what the additives do and do not do.
So now you're going to taunt us with what we aren't going to read? Real nice, Pat. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I only clicked on this thread because I thought; I am a smirt feller but this is from a fuelly guy, I might learn me sumpin toda.

Well so much for that idea.:nunu:

You do know that SB would have been more considerate and retyped the document for us.:good2:

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only clicked on this thread because I thought; I am a smirt feller but this is from a fuelly guy, I might learn me sumpin toda.

Well so much for that idea.:nunu:

You do know that SB would have been more considerate and retyped the document for us.:good2:
I could take a screenshot every few seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I could take a screenshot every few seconds

How bout just summarize what it says.

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been working on that, give me a little time and I’ll post something. Ironically this was hosted by Buckeye Terminals, one of my bigger suppliers who do not blend with #1 ULSD and the cold flow experts on there clearly state that even the best cold flow additives are not designed to completely replace #1 ULSD as a blend.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I have been working on that, give me a little time and I’ll post something. Ironically this was hosted by Buckeye Terminals, one of my bigger suppliers who do not blend with #1 ULSD and the cold flow experts on there clearly state that even the best cold flow additives are not designed to completely replace #1 ULSD as a blend.

Yikes, I hope they add a fantastic lubrication package when they cut it. Diesel is dry enough the way it is, without further drying it with kerosene! have never had an issue (knock on wood) while treating #2 appropriately in my tractor. Never have had cut fuel. I only buy in the summer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,927 Posts

So, are they suggesting not using the "cold flow additives" at all?

Also, How would someone replace ULSD as a blend, what would they use? I can see where someone in the fuel business might have access to other diesel fuels but where I buy fuel, there is the ULSD and the Premium ULSD pumps and nothing else offered. I was under the impression that the vast majority of what is processed in the U.S. after about 2014 has been ULSD and that's what is sold at most retail pumps.

The text below in italics is the footnote at the bottom of this fuels product chart linked below. This is why I add fuel treatment to all the fuel I purchase. I have no idea if the additive increases the cetane level, but the product (which I won't name due to the nature of the subject) claims to provide all of the same benefits found in Premium Diesel Fuel over regular diesel fuel.

As a retail consumer, I have no idea if the branded fuel I buy at a CountryMark sourced retailer receives their fuel from "A CountryMark Terminal or a Non CountryMark terminal", so when in doubt, treat the fuel........is my motto. After all, the end user is the one who pays for the deficiencies of the product, if there are any.

""*CountryMark Premium Dieselex-4, sourced from CountryMark terminals, has a cetane number of 50. CountryMark Premium Dieselex-4, sourced from non-CountryMark terminals, has a typical cetane number between 45 and 50. These cetane numbers reflect the ignition quality of the fuel treated with CountryMark proprietary cetane improvers. Cetane index levels, by contrast, measure ignition quality of the base fuel before cetane improvers are added."""

Premium Dieselex-4 Product Specs

Premium Dieselex-4

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yikes, I hope they add a fantastic lubrication package when they cut it. Diesel is dry enough the way it is, without further drying it with kerosene! have never had an issue (knock on wood) while treating #2 appropriately in my tractor. Never have had cut fuel. I only buy in the summer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
No, our diesel tank at home has never had kero in it, only additives. They were referring to extreme cold temps, similar to the polar vortex that hit us the beginning of January 2018, I did not have any trouble with our fuel at home. I am simply passing on some of the information that was passed on in the webinar.

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, are they suggesting not using the "cold flow additives" at all?

Also, How would someone replace ULSD as a blend, what would they use? I can see where someone in the fuel business might have access to other diesel fuels but where I buy fuel, there is the ULSD and the Premium ULSD pumps and nothing else offered. I was under the impression that the vast majority of what is processed in the U.S. after about 2014 has been ULSD and that's what is sold at most retail pumps.

The text below in italics is the footnote at the bottom of this fuels product chart linked below. This is why I add fuel treatment to all the fuel I purchase. I have no idea if the additive increases the cetane level, but the product (which I won't name due to the nature of the subject) claims to provide all of the same benefits found in Premium Diesel Fuel over regular diesel fuel.

As a retail consumer, I have no idea if the branded fuel I buy at a CountryMark sourced retailer receives their fuel from "A CountryMark Terminal or a Non CountryMark terminal", so when in doubt, treat the fuel........is my motto. After all, the end user is the one who pays for the deficiencies of the product, if there are any.

""*CountryMark Premium Dieselex-4, sourced from CountryMark terminals, has a cetane number of 50. CountryMark Premium Dieselex-4, sourced from non-CountryMark terminals, has a typical cetane number between 45 and 50. These cetane numbers reflect the ignition quality of the fuel treated with CountryMark proprietary cetane improvers. Cetane index levels, by contrast, measure ignition quality of the base fuel before cetane improvers are added."""

Premium Dieselex-4 Product Specs

Premium Dieselex-4
Sulley, don't read too deep into this, at our location where I work we only run Sprague RoadForce premium diesel and we have never had any trouble with our trucks. My guys also add power service with each fuel up, the webinar did say that you need to know if your diesel is already treated with a cold flow additive and adjust your dose accordingly.

I will say though, if I were CEO of CountryMark I would also say my diesel was the best in the world too.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
How bout just summarize what it says.
Hey Arlen....You have to read between the lines with PJR.....
He's telling us as soon as he gets with the camera man from the commercial he'll post a video of him doing a dramatic reading of the webinar to us. Get your popcorn ready.

:munch:

:laugh:

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Arlen....You have to read between the lines with PJR.....
He's telling us as soon as he gets with the camera man from the commercial he'll post a video of him doing a dramatic reading of the webinar to us. Get your popcorn ready.

:laugh:
Camera crew is on Holiday break, you know SAG union rules and all. :lol:

That's Screen Actors Guild for you non famous folks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts