Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start out by saying I purchased a hydraulic lift kit for my 1025R from a fellow member. I seemed to be saving a few bucks so I pulled the trigger. When the parts arrived I was missing a few guide brackets that help support the hydraulic hoses. I figured no big deal I would call the JD dealer and have the parts ordered. So today, I sent the wife to pick up the parts since she was driving by the dealer and I had just gotten off work.

When she got home, she showed me the bill for the 3 guide brackets, 1 was $14.26 and the remaining 2 were $192.72 (96.36 X 2). I thought to myself.... you have GOT to be kidding me! I have no problem paying a premium price for a custom gear or something of that nature, but SERIOUSLY....can you tell me the reasoning for the MAJOR price difference between the two brackets..?

Mark

:gizmo:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Wow, something doesn't seem right there. I see the tag that says 18 pack, maybe they scanned that and you paid for all 18? At any rate I would look up the part online and see what it sells for at Green Farm Parts or someplace, and maybe return those if they made an obvious mistake based on others prices (or get them to refund the overage).

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Whoooweee those are the most expensive hose supports I've ever seen. You could buy a barrel of zip ties for that price. May not work in that situation but you could still buy some round stock at a metal supply for much cheaper.

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Wow, something doesn't seem right there. I see the tag that says 18 pack, maybe they scanned that and you paid for all 18? At any rate I would look up the part online and see what it sells for at Green Farm Parts or someplace, and maybe return those if they made an obvious mistake based on others prices (or get them to refund the overage).
I'm thinking this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if that is not a mistake, take them back and make your own.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
Let me start out by saying I purchased a hydraulic lift kit for my 1025R from a fellow member. I seemed to be saving a few bucks so I pulled the trigger. When the parts arrived I was missing a few guide brackets that help support the hydraulic hoses. I figured no big deal I would call the JD dealer and have the parts ordered. So today, I sent the wife to pick up the parts since she was driving by the dealer and I had just gotten off work.

When she got home, she showed me the bill for the 3 guide brackets, 1 was $14.26 and the remaining 2 were $192.72 (96.36 X 2). I thought to myself.... you have GOT to be kidding me! I have no problem paying a premium price for a custom gear or something of that nature, but SERIOUSLY....can you tell me the reasoning for the MAJOR price difference between the two brackets..?

Mark

:gizmo:
They screwed up royally!! You need to call them on Monday, and get your transaction straightened out!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Found part # LVU31518 at a couple of sites...same results=expensive.

Screenshot_20181124-183858.jpg

Screenshot_20181124-183928.jpg

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Found part # LVU31518 at a couple of sites...same results=expensive.
Same here, I'll damned, what would make it cost so much. I'd take it back and make something myself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Whoooweee those are the most expensive hose supports I've ever seen. You could buy a barrel of zip ties for that price. May not work in that situation but you could still buy some round stock at a metal supply for much cheaper."

I agree....I think who ever was pricing parts at the JD factory put the decimal in the wrong spot. I keep thinking to myself...."This is INSANE $192.72 for 2 guide brackets"...? The brackets are going back on Monday!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Same here, I'll damned, what would make it cost so much. I'd take it back and make something myself.

They are made with screwewetonium. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
I discovered this parts price earlier in the week. I had been looking for the P/N for those square brackets because I thought they might work better on my 272 than the current round loops I have. I almost fell on the floor when I saw the price. I too checked around on-line and kept finding the same price.

Just by the sheer madness of it all it would seem like a mistake in the parts system. But I guess if folks are ordering and paying the price they have little reason to question it.

What did the dealer say? I mean, I know it's JD (i.e. the Snap-On of tractors) but didn't they ever see a parts price so outrageous that they called HQ to verify if there was a mistake in the parts system?

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
I think you could literally go to a fab shop and have something fabricated from scratch using the equivalent diameter stainless steel round rod for 1/3 the price of what JD is charging for one bracket.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I plan on asking the dealer on Monday if the brackets are made out of some rare exotic metal found at the bottom of the pacific ocean. But seriously I'm going to be looking into fabricating something myself. The price is just tooooo ridiculous for me to justify.

jgayman,

Do you have the part number for your round brackets..? I'm just wondering if those would fit.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
This happens time to time. A way over priced lil part. Solution to the problem is a smart parts guy that will challenge Deere on the parts pricing. Sometimes its true, a lot of times Deere has mismarked the price in the system. No way to know unless someone at the dealer calls BS and investigates it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
I plan on asking the dealer on Monday if the brackets are made out of some rare exotic metal found at the bottom of the pacific ocean. But seriously I'm going to be looking into fabricating something myself. The price is just tooooo ridiculous for me to justify.

jgayman,

Do you have the part number for your round brackets..? I'm just wondering if those would fit.

Thanks,
Mark
Yes, they should fit with the same hardware. The price seems to have gone up slightly as when I bought a couple extra they were like $12.00

Part Number:
M134828
Part Price: 25.05 USD
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Description: Guide - GUIDE, HOSE
Package Quantity:

The photo below shows two of the round guides used for my remote spout control.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I just wanna know what the wife had to say.
She was ok with 3 little ole brackets costing over $200?
My wife would have questioned my sanity :lol:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I just wanna know what the wife had to say.
My wife would have questioned my sanity :lol:
My wife would have told the parts manager where to put them. Hint...not back on the shelf.:lolol:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
My wife would have told the parts manager where to put them. Hint...not back on the shelf.:lolol:
On that note I know better than to let my wife see the prices of any of that stuff :lolol:
Plus it gives me a reason to go see my sales guy and see the stock

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Wow... We do some production bending at work and if we tried to charge much more than six bucks for that we would never get the job.
Of course the smaller the quantity the higher the price due to the cost of the set up time.
I don't imagine we would even consider that part at less than 300 pieces.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"I just wanna know what the wife had to say.
My wife would have questioned my sanity"

The parts guy told my wife I had an open order, she assumed that I still had a tab from my trip last week. I told her that I didn't have an open tab from the previous week. I said the bill was due to the price of the 2 guide brackets, her response was "There has to be a mistake, there is NO WAY those brackets could cost that much".

She definitely wasn't happy about making a worthless trip to the dealer.

:scared:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts