Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gizmo2 alerted me that I hadn't posted pics of my new forks yet - and right he was! I did in fact take some pics up to a point. And as much as I hate all the unboxing videos kids put on youtube, about all I have at this point is just that - the unboxing of my Artilian forks.

Here's the boxes the day they arrived. FedEx driver was kind enough to back up to the barn and put them in there for me. My ever caring wife kind of pre-reprimanded me on my way out not to try to lift anything as she knows I'll pay for it - or maybe she know's she hear about it from me for the next couple days.......

Anyway - here are the packages when delivered (posted on the other thread) -

Untitled by sterling2424, on Flickr

The next day in preparation started up the kerosene heater in the shop area of the barn in the morning so I would have some heat. Slid the boxes into the shop area and slid the forks themselves to a back wall where I could get at them easily with the tractor later.

Knowing I wouldn't be able to lift the frame out of the box, laid it down where I could open the box and hopefully slide the frame out. Tools ready and the obligatory white chair ready to go:

Once slid out of the box. Wanted to be sure I took pics of the excellent packaging. I know a lot of thought - dare I say design and engineering - goes into packaging heavy things like this for shipping:

Then right to the package with the instructions etc. I am one to read everything before I start. The contents of the instruction pack Werther's and all:

And of course the great Artilian T-shirt!

Reading the instructions I saw where I could have opened the box while it was standing upright in the proper orientation and be able to snatch it out of the box by hooking it to the loader. But since the backrest was included I figured I had to install the backrest mounts as it says on the website. Chris must have installed them prior to packaging for me - thank you sir!

Attaching the backrest was as simple as laying it on the frame and installing the pins. All ready for the forks now:

Sorry to say that where the pics end for now. I had to go get my wife to help me slide the frame out to the other section of the barn to attach to the loader and install the forks. Don't mind saying I was quite excited at that point seeing the forks actually on my tractor - forgot all about taking more pics! I will take more pics as my whole plan comes together. A few weeks ago I purchased a Heavy Hitch form a great forum member here in anticipation of eventually getting the forks - and the dream is all coming together. Now the possibility of the revised 3-point hitch arms may be coming true so I will be able to install the Heavy Hitch with my now installed tire chains. There will be lots of pics of the final result of this dream - Artilian forks, Heavy Hitch with the required 8 suitcase weights hanging on the proper revised 3-point hitch arms. All of this is to help me use my tractor more around here to keep our mountain homestead going.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Outstanding Stan! I'm sure you'll find many uses for them! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
NICE !!! Good to hear the wife was co-operative with your dream coming true.
As we all know, well, those of us who were fortunate to marry the right gal, any and all support is greatly appreciated from the little lady of the house.
They have all the answers anyways, just ask them, lol. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,724 Posts
Yes , very nice looking will be setting waiting for more photos looks heavy duty. :munch:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think we should all pull up a chair and see what happens next. :drinks: :munch:

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeet

:thumbup1gif:

.......now where was the jealous button.......

·
Registered
892 Posts
Those boxes kinda look familiar. :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Nice. How about a few photo's of how the fork fit the frame and the assembly on the tractor. I like the brush guard.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts

Once slid out of the box. Wanted to be sure I took pics of the excellent packaging. I know a lot of thought - dare I say design and engineering - goes into packaging heavy things like this for shipping

Reading the instructions I saw where I could have opened the box while it was standing upright in the proper orientation and be able to snatch it out of the box by hooking it to the loader. But since the backrest was included I figured I had to install the backrest mounts as it says on the website. Chris must have installed them prior to packaging for me - thank you sir!

Stan,

Yes, the packaging work is an under appreciated but essential part of this business. I wish it were possible to illustrate the amount of effort that has to go into it. Products eventually reach a plateau when it comes to continuing refinement, but the packaging is constantly changing and improving. It originally took about 1-1/2 hours just to package a set of forks. Thankfully, that has been reduced quite a bit over the years.

Too bad that you missed the sticker on the outside of the box that mentioned opening the box and reviewing the instructions for easier unpacking. It would have been very helpful as there would be virtually no lifting of any significance. This sticker is a relatively new addition (and still getting forgotten on some shipments).

Also, the Backrest is ALWAYS shipped pre-installed unless someone specifies that they want to do it themselves. But it is made this way so that people who choose to add the Backrest later have the option.

:thumbup1gif:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts