Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, yesterday I was using my 3120 when I noticed oil dripping down onto the floor mat. I stopped and started to investigate with what tools I had and from what I could tell it is leaking from the steering column. Steering works as it should and so does all other hydros. Ive searched the net and really haven't found anything, I'm sure my steering column is the same as all the other 3000 series tractors so just wondering if anybody else has had this issue. Btw it is a 2006 with 710 hrs.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
The steering is hydraulic. That is the only oil in the steering column. It could be as simple as a loose fitting, or a leaking hose connection or bad seal in the steering wheel box.
The steering column cover has to be removed to check it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the reply ChrisR, yep I'm hoping it's just a loose fitting or a bad hose because from what I'm seeing the steering valve is a pricey part. Must not be a part that fails often as I can't find many complaints on the net about it so maybe I'll get lucky, but I'm not a very lucky person. I'll let you know what comes of it. Thx again

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
If its not the steering column, as Im not familiar with your tractor, I was curious if you have a mechanical oil pressure gauge near there as well? Ive seen way too many of those leak in the past and thats the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the title of your topic. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update: well I tore into it today and looks like it is leaking at the top where the steering shaft goes into the steering valve. So off to the shop it will go as I do not have the tools to press in a new seal. Fingers crossed I do not have to buy a new valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts