Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I unloaded a couple loads of crushed red brick off my 18 ft trailer with my 4310. It worked okay.

You will need to support the back of the trailer with jack stands or something.

I tried to pick up the front of the trailer to get the load to slide back and it just sat there and laughed at me. I used the loader to pick it up and had all four tires of the trailer off the ground.

·
Registered
537 Posts
First bed complete. Worked really well and much faster than a manual shovel! No problem driving on to trailer, getting a bucket full and backing off. I was able to park on concrete drive. Placed jack stands under rear of trailer. Scotched wheels as suggested above. Kept trailer connected to truck as well. Took the mower off and was able to keep ballast box on rear. I have another to do tomorrow but am probably going to have lots of gravel left over. Any suggestions on how to store it outside? I have a couple of short videos as well. Can videos be added to a post?
Could put down a piece of plywood, depending on how long you think it will live there.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,672 Posts
Could put down a piece of plywood, depending on how long you think it will live there.
Or line the ground with gold... with today's plywood prices. 😝

·
Premium Member
9,245 Posts
So, being in the dirt business, I deal with materials and their placement.

Pea gravel is one of those products that seem to disappear as you handle it.

When ordering pea gravel, I usually ask for 25-40% more than what I need due to loss.

Every time you handle it be prepared to lose that much in the grass, dirt, gravel etc.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts

·
Registered
2021. 1025R w 120R loader. 60 inch mid mower
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Delima Solved!
I have a gravel parking area so I placed the extra pea gravel there. I scraped out a place for the gravel in an area that isn’t parked on much. Used the scraped gravel to fill a couple thin spots in parking area. Left a base layer below pea gravel. This way I can reuse it down the road if needed or it can stay there and blend with other gravel over time if I don’t need it soon. Got the idea from you guys mentioning people putting pea gravel on their driveway lol.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Pea gravel, or small gravel in general absolutely sucks for a drive or parking area. It does nothing but get stuck in tires. Hell even my old house’s 3/4” blue stone sucked in my 33” mud tires. The people driving behind me probably really hated it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The people driving behind me probably really hated it.
Oh yeah, I was in such a situation before. I understood the driver's need but hated him and his pea gravel. I think modern tractors or other machines need to have some protection, so the things it carries don't fall on the road, and especially on the cars behind. It also depends on asphalt too...if it's good enough, then nothing bad should happen. I had a problem with my driveway not a long time ago, but paving dublin contractors fixed the issues and build a much better driveway from my house. Now nothing will damage any car there.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.