Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While researching HH, I viewed several YouTube videos. This one was somewhat disturbing and thought I would post it for others to see.

Three (3) issues I see, weights weigh over 8X more than the person, no gloves (potential pinch), and lastly a major one in my book....bare feet! I understand the purpose of this video but it is POORLY demonstrated in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Wow those steel wheels landing on little bare feet even with an empty cart would cause some damage. Plus all of the others things you mention. Hopefully has not disabled the RIO since the little one is now well trained to walk right up behind a running tractor.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Cart wasn't pinned to the weight bracket the entire time.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,716 Posts
This could have had a very serious outcome.

I went to where the video was originally posted and the Comments are turn OFF, thinking they might have gotten some safety concerns from viewers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
IMG_5132.jpg

Folks have been doing dumb stuff for years. My wife swears it how we will clean up the gene pool. Survival of the fittest.

I could use a hitch bar stand with wheels like that. Does Heavy Hitch sell those?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I agree that as far as safety goes, its not good, but pretending that we all dont do things much worse seems a bit disingenuous.
Ive seen many safety issues on all kinds of videos, and several on TTWT, some that he even acknowledges in the video it happens in.
We arent immune to it, so I guess from my perspective, while yes, its a "safety" issue, so are many things that we all choose to ignore almost every day in our daily lives.

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts
Folks have been doing dumb stuff for years. My wife swears it how we will clean up the gene pool. Survival of the fittest.
It's called the Darwin Award.

I have no problem if you want to do dumb stuff with two conditions.
1) You can't blame anyone or anything else. You can't sue, and your insurance doesn't have to pay either.
2) You can't hurt anyone else.

Let the competition begin.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
A lot of people are not aware of, and or don’t care for, safety hazards when it comes to heavy machinery. This guy obviously didnt get the memo, but no harm no foul. I would hope someone has gotten through to him and keeps his kids away from those raised implements.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
So, I’m in charge of atleast 4-5 pieces of heavy equipment and their operators on a daily basis on job sites with dozens of workers walking, running, climbing around and you’d be surprised at the disregard for safety around the equipment. Even though I bring these issues up every week at safety meetings I catch people doing things that could result in their demise more often than I like. Placing your child in harms way is unacceptable though and hopefully he won’t do that again

·
Registered
411 Posts
The ones who didn't survive their close calls got Darwin Awards.
Look at how the government regulations control, or ban, many of the things we used to do as good normal kid activities.
Seems like more people would rather have their thinking done for them these days. If nothing else, it shifts the blame for the lawsuit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts