Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was adjusting my Box Blade and noticed a few Wasps flying around. Apparently thay have decided to live in the box in the scarfer tube. Any easy way to eliminate the problem:nunu:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,037 Posts
You need to use the BB more often.

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
I used to play baseball with wasps when I was a kid. Got stung a few times with no ill effects. About 20 years ago, I get stung near my eye and it immediately swelled up until I almost couldn't see out of that eye. Went to the ER and the doctor told me that the body will be immune to bee and wasp stings, then suddenly, one day, you're allergic to them. Last week I was getting my old 110 ready to trade for a 3 point plow when I got stung by a wasp on my right hand. For the next two days my right hand was twice the size.

Wait until dark and then zap the nest with a good wasp spray. They are more dormant in the dark and are easier to kill. Be sure you destroy the nest(s).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was adjusting my Box Blade and noticed a few Wasps flying around. Apparently thay have decided to live in the box in the scarfer tube. Any easy way to eliminate the problem:nunu:
I used to hate spraying wasps, seemed the spray tended to just make them angry, and always tried to kill them at night while they were sleeping. I recently found this spray, which comes out and foams up. It's got some kind of a wax in it, and it gets all over their wings so they can't fly while they die. Amazing stuff, as long as I take careful aim I have no problems spraying nets full of wasps even during the day. I highly recommend it.

14354_11792_4.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the thoughts. I like the foam idea. and I have been using the BB thank you very much:tongue:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Leave the scarifiers in the tube, spray some starting fluid down in the tube in the small crack of the center holes. .

Take a long BBQ lighter and .... poof, problem gone.. :laugh:

Reactions: Boonie

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leave the scarifiers in the tube, spray some starting fluid down in the tube in the small crack of the center holes. .

Take a long BBQ lighter and .... poof, problem gone.. :laugh:
Now that's what I'm talkin' about a Wasp BBQ:laugh::laugh::lol::rocket:

Reactions: Boonie
1 - 7 of 7 Posts