Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went into my shed this past Saturday to take a few photos of my X300 so I could get a trade in price on a new 1025r. I turned the key on and took a photo of the hour meter (47 hrs) and then shut it off and put the key back in the house. So then I’m at the JD dealer when I get a call from my neighbor saying my shed is on fire and I should get home right away. I arrive at the house just in time to see the fire department putting out the fire. The fire inspector thinks it was a short in the mower that started the fire. I guess they can tell it started in the mower because it was the center of the damage and was the only thing in the shed that had a battery. I lost the x300 mower, P-17 cart, lawn sweeper, Areins snow blower, 2010 Harley Davidson and badly damaged my 1956 project truck. The shed is one of those tarp covered temporary garages and it’s a total loss as well. Meeting with the insurance adjuster this afternoon to see what is covered. Not sure if I want to go with the JD 1025r now?

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ouch!!!! That has got to be painful! Hopefully nobody was hurt. I hope you had your insurance good on the contents. Insurance can be a problem on outlying buildings especially temporary ones. I am sure you have some decisions to make that definitely put the 1025 on the back burner for now. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Sad pictures to see....Hope all turns out well for you in the long run.....

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,463 Posts
Lost for words here.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Oh man, sad to see.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am sorry for your loss and hope your insurance has you covered.

·
Registered
35 Posts
wow, hate to see that. guess it could have been worse. no damage to anyone or the house is a good thing. I would be devastated if I saw my Harley (2013 FLHTK) up in smoke. Good opportunity to get one of the new 2014's.....heard a lot of good things about them. good luck with the insurance.

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
WOW that is bad, I really hate to hear . Hoping for your sake the insurance company takes care of you ,that is a lot of loss.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Just reading about it was horrible, and seeing the photos broke my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad no one was injured, but the loss still has me at a loss for words.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a bummer. My insurance won't cover the bike or the truck but everything else should be covered. I won't know for sure how much they will pay out for a few days though. My home owners insurance doesn't cover veichles and they both had been off the road for a few years so I didn't have auto insurance on them eather. In the end it's only stuff that can be replaced and thankfully no one was hurt. I think I can salvage the truck but all the work I put into getting it ready for paint is gone and I will have to start over. So I'm going to try to stay positive and look on the bright side. I can save the truck and hopefully I'll get enough for a down payment on a new tractor. Not sure right now if it will be orange or green at this point though.

·
Administrator
17,975 Posts
That's a tough situation for sure. What a shame about the insurance, thats very bad news! Unfortunately failures like this could happen with any brand, no matter the color or origin.

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
This sucks.... I completely understand your frustration and loss. :thumbsdown: It's a real kick in the pants insurance won't cover everything....

But thanks for your post. It makes me rethink/reevaluate my insurance coverage. I'll bet others do the same.

I hope this isn't why you're possibly going away from JD. Stuff happens to any color. Stuff.....just......happens.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
As other said, that sucks.
Your post does bring up a good point. I've had a few projects going on in my day. In fact, I used to have a '62 Sportster. It was a project I built. I rode for a while, then took the insurance off of it and had it in the garage for a few years and sold it. Now you have me thinking if I ever do another project like that, I should maybe keep insurance on it.

I hope everything else is covered, and maybe they give you a little extra that you can put towards the truck or new bike.

·
Premium Member
14,727 Posts
Yea that is a bummer, I guessing since it was a out building and if you hadn't called to tell them they will only pay up to a certain amount.
Last year when I changed from a Major company , I ask my new agent if they had any riders policies to cover our Gator, tractor and assoc for tractor. yep ., It cost me just at $100 a year. Some price for piece of mind. I asked him about putting insurance on the Burgman for 6mo, he told me no that way ,if you get a nice day in Dec or April and want to take a ride your covered again piece of mind.

Either way still hate to hear about your bad news , and yea your truck was looking pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
9,160 Posts
Holy crap, that sucks.

I hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yikes, very sorry to hear that, hope it works out for ya somehow. Good luck!

Jim

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Sure am sorry about your loss!!! Just yesterday Wifey was asking me whether or not there was "coverage" on the 1026 through the house ins. It's covered under JD's policy that they wanted when the machine was financed. My ins guy said it was better coverage/price than a "rider" on my homeowner policy.

BUT, a little bit of new green or orange diesel exhaust should take out some of that sting! Good luck!

·
Registered
588 Posts
That sure is a hard pill to swallow, it could have been much worse though thankfully everyone is ok.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts