Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Trying to update to a new version of Vbulletin, working in the issues around the site now. Sorry for any mess. Will post back when we think we have it all fixed. Then if anyone sees any issues they can report back.

Thanks...

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
See my post under the curser thread from a few minutes ago. New glitch for me, posted there.

And furthermore, my headers across the top left side are different. And when exiting, and getting back onto the forum, when I clicked "What's new", it did not immediately show me the subjects and new posts, but a different format, and I had to click "new posts" to get where I would have already been, before the change.

I am too tech challenged for too much change at once! :cray: :fire:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See my post under the curser thread from a few minutes ago. New glitch for me, posted there.

And furthermore, my headers across the top left side are different. And when exiting, and getting back onto the forum, when I clicked "What's new", it did not immediately show me the subjects and new posts, but a different format, and I had to click "new posts" to get where I would have already been, before the change.

The menu changes were not on purpose :)

he had to go back to some older styles to fix something. The update caused the menus to change. Went to the way back machine site and adjusted to how it was before.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,691 Posts

Same here, "What's New" only shows the posts not the threads.

·
8,558 Posts
And when I logged in today, it offered me a tab for "Today's posts", but still not one for "New posts", until after clicking on something else. Yes, it is doable, but still doesn't flow like before, IMO.

edit: If I am reading in a thread, I do not have the option to just click on "New Posts" from there. I have to click on something else to get the option to click on New posts.

I don't know if those are things that can be changed to the older format, or not, just observations.

·
Administrator
20,475 Posts
I bet diesel broke it.:mocking:
It sure is a PITA to navigate.
Nope, all Texkev this time.:laugh:

Thanks for having patience with us during this process. The updates were needed, but we have lots of other "things" that need to be repaired/updated/changed/etc. to get back to where things are working well again.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
New posts is gone for me, as is the number of new post since last on the site. Not liking the changes at all. :thumbsdown: Why is it we must mess with things that worked well. :unknown:

When I come to this site I always just click on the new post tab. If I have to go to each sub forum I will miss a lot of post as there is a number of them a wont open unless I have a lot of time to kill.

As long as we are making changes, can we make so we don't have to log in to the gun forum each time ? I tend to forget to do this a miss out on some posts ?

Why not make the few that don't like guns opt out instead ?

·
Administrator
20,475 Posts
New posts is gone for me, as is the number of new post since last on the site. Not liking the changes at all. :thumbsdown: Why is it we must mess with things that worked well. :unknown:

When I come to this site I always just click on the new post tab. If I have to go to each sub forum I will miss a lot of post as there is a number of them a wont open unless I have a lot of time to kill.

Right now you can click on the "what's new" button on the upper menu. Then click on "new posts" towards the left. I'm sorry, but that's the best I've got until we get it straightened out a bit more.

As long as we are making changes, can we make so we don't have to log in to the gun forum each time ? I tend to forget to do this a miss out on some posts ?

Why not make the few that don't like guns opt out instead ?

If you check the "Remember me" on the log-in screen, you won't have to re-enter the password every time.
Remarks in red.

We have to do updates once in a while due to bugs, security issues, browser compatibility, etc etc. It's a necessary part of the computer world.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we are working on it.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Let's see if Smilies are fixed for me. :tongue:
YES! :good2:
For some reason I got two. I "back spaced one away in the above two lines. :greentractorride: This time only one! And I think my tractor got bigger :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys

This was not on purpose at all.

We knew, even from a message from Old Tech guy any update will mess this proprietary design up

So we had to take a chance because the update was necessary. Once we get the menu fixed and a few things back up we will be good as gold again.

My apologies.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey all.

Updates are normally easy. This site is very very custom. Not a bad thing, we had to say oh well, we have to make these updates, at the same time not 100% redo the design as was mentioned we might have to. So all in all this went well. We will now pull an old database so that we can see how it used to look and fix some of these custom items missing. Next time updates are needed, we will know exactly what to do without having to redo the design in full :)

Sorry all, please bear with our mess.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Things seem to be working much better now.

Dave

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Things seem to be working fine again. :good2: Thanks for fixing it quickly. :drinks:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,691 Posts
Lookin better Texkev.

·
8,558 Posts
Looking more like it did before the update! THANK YOU!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,369 Posts

·
Registered
21,997 Posts
Good job - got my "subscribed thread" link back - thank you!

I know how hard this is for you guys - I run a small website that I use a CMS software for and hold my breath anytime I have to upgrade it. I can image how much more difficult it is when you have so many custom features.

·
8,558 Posts
Good news :)

Some of the plugins do not carry over to 4.2.2 vB. So Web Guy was able to reprogram them some so to speak to adjust.
I don't know what all of that means, but it sounds like someone was busy trying to keep us comfortable on the site. For that, once again, I say, THANKS.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts