Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have read through a couple threads in regards to an upgraded suspension for my 1025r, but due to my lack of mechanical knowledge, am a little confused. I was hoping someone could help me in a very dumbed down fashion.
The suspension on my 1025r has broken, and rather than replace it with the stock part (LVA23394), I'm hoping to upgrade to one that is more comfortable and durable. I was looking at an air-ride suspension, but the one I'm looking at only says it's compatible with x700 models. I've read a couple peoples' posts saying they've used different suspensions/seat combos, but I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of one that would fit on my 1025r without drilling new holes or welding anything. Are there any suspension systems or seat/suspension combos that fit the 1025r without having to alter the 1025r base or build new parts?

Thank you so much! My apologies for my lack of tractor knowledge..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put bolt on hooks bigger springs and that helped prevent springs bottoming out through the bumps.
I may end up having to do that, as I do not see any other good options... but the side supports were actually the first parts to go. So while the springs would definitely be helpful, I feel like I need to account for lateral movement as well. Not to mention I have to replace the whole suspension, so I feel like I should just upgrade the whole suspension while I'm pulling the tractor apart.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Your thread title is a bit misleading being that the tractor itself does not have a suspension system.

If you want a seat with suspension as well as other options you'll have to decide on the value of the system is to you and your well being.

A number of us opted for a Grammer seat package. These are top of the line seats, as reflected in the price, but with options such as mechanical or air suspension, lateral movement dampening, heated seat options, lumbar support, easy sliding base mounts, seat suspension weight adjustment while seated, adjustable arm rests, extended back support, etc..

Grammer also offers a seat mounting kit which eliminates welding, cutting or modification of any kind. My seat is below.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A number of us opted for a Grammer seat package. These are top of the line seats, as reflected in the price, but with options such as mechanical or air suspension, lateral movement dampening, heated seat options, lumbar support, easy sliding base mounts, seat suspension weight adjustment while seated, adjustable arm rests, extended back support, etc..

Grammer also offers a seat mounting kit which eliminates welding, cutting or modification of any kind. My seat is below.
View attachment 753727 View attachment 753728 View attachment 753729
Ok, that's pretty and looks really comfy! Time to do research.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Reactions: Toughsox and Levi

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know how to link to a post, but I posted changeout of stock seat to Milsco (Michigan) seat at:
Easy Milsco V5300 changeout 1025R

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I got the heavier springs from Kenny and ran into one of these at the hardware store and gave it a try. It’s been there ever since. No lateral support like you want but a cheap fix to sop bottoming out

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I may end up having to do that, as I do not see any other good options... but the side supports were actually the first parts to go. So while the springs would definitely be helpful, I feel like I need to account for lateral movement as well. Not to mention I have to replace the whole suspension, so I feel like I should just upgrade the whole suspension while I'm pulling the tractor apart.

Thank you!
Like Bob I also upgraded to a Grammer seat. I went with the MSG 85/721 suspension/seat combo because that offered the option of a lateral (side to side) isolator so the seat could absorb some of the sideways rocking of the tractor. It was out of stock at the time and, for now at least, I'm satisfied with the suspension as is but at least this way if the back gets worse I can add it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So, do these Grammar seats still flip around if you have a 260 backhoe?

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'd make a guess, if you have a trucking salvage yard in your area, you may be able to find a nice seat, for a reasonable price.
It would be worth looking into, anyway.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
So, do these Grammar seats still flip around if you have a 260 backhoe?
Absolutely ! There is a swivel base you can add if needed. One of the nice things about the Grammer seats is that everything works smoothly

·
Premium Member
9,778 Posts
I got the heavier springs from Kenny and ran into one of these at the hardware store and gave it a try. It’s been there ever since. No lateral support like you want but a cheap fix to sop bottoming out
Kyle,
Where did you insert the air bag, front to rear, side to side across the front or rear of the seat? I think this is actually a very creative idea as you have to be so careful when you start moving seats, especially for those of us with spinal fusions, etc. as the smallest change can quickly become very intolerable.

Also, with the cab, I have to be careful as any repositioning of the seat, even 1" further back, wouldn't fit. That concerns me about the various after market seats and their mounts because while I would like extra legroom, there just isn't any room for it............

Thanks for your reply............

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Kyle,
Where did you insert the air bag, front to rear, side to side across the front or rear of the seat? I think this is actually a very creative idea as you have to be so careful when you start moving seats, especially for those of us with spinal fusions, etc. as the smallest change can quickly become very intolerable.

Also, with the cab, I have to be careful as any repositioning of the seat, even 1" further back, wouldn't fit. That concerns me about the various after market seats and their mounts because while I would like extra legroom, there just isn't any room for it............

Thanks for your reply............
I stuck it in through the rear and the air hose and ball pump sticks straight out the back. You can do it through the front but not a lot of real estate. It sits between the springs. I’ll get a pic of it later

·
Registered
209 Posts
Only two things I really liked on my lemony 1025R was the nice seat and the easy start of the PTO. I'd just go with an OEM 1025R seat of about 2013.

Ralph

·
Registered
506 Posts
I put in Kenny's heavy duty springs and they work great. I like the added air cushion idea as well, plus they're Danish like me, so what's not to like?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Im one of those guys waiting for a heated seat option. Just saying. :)
Wait no more. Heaters are an option for the Grammer seats. At least the ones Bob and I have. 😁

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Oh.....then that will definitely require some more research on my part. Im most l;ikely a year away from thinking of getting a cab so, a heated seat is gonna help get me through this winter. Thanks for that heads up !!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts