Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided it's time to upgrade my tractor. Altho the 3038 is a nice tractor, I cannot use it to get to all my property. There is a 'ditch' running the length of my property and I am unable to drive thru it. The ditch is more like a trench, about 18" wide and about 2' deep. I've driven over/thru it in my Gator, which has larger tires than the front tires of the 3038 and it was a rough ride. So I am looking for a bigger tractor w/ wheels that can bridge the gap.

My dealer has a new 4066R and a used 5100E w/ 10 hrs., along w/ a new 2032R that is larger in physical size than my 3038.

The 4066 is very hard for me to get into (I'm 5'6") The 5100, which is substantially larger, is easier to get into. Why Deere didn't put in a ladder like 5 Family is beyond me. But $50.000 is out of my price range. The 4066 is $33,000 and does not have a loader.

My dealer also sells Kubota, and I looked at a couple of those also. Their larger compact tractors have the power of the 4 Family but are slightly smaller. I tested one w/ the manual transmission, but decided that while I can drive a stick, I would be better off with a Hydrostatic unit, like the
L4701HST or the 4066R.

I decided on the L4701. I can get into the cab much easier than the 4066 and while the front wheels/tires are the same size, the rear tires/wheels are larger, so I should be able to get over my ditch. It came w/ a loader and a 72" brush cutter. It was delivered last Thursday.

With all the rain we have had here in the Midwest, I've had to wait for my field to dry out and I must say I am very please with my selection.

·
Administrator
20,369 Posts
Congrats on your new tractor! I hope it works out well for you. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Good luck and we want pictures. I have spent my fair time at the orange dealer looking at zero turns myself. good luck:good2:

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hiya,

Congrats and good luck with you new orange friend.

I came thisclose to pulling the trigger on a Grand L57 cab several years ago when the 3320 cab landed in my lap so I understand your comments on the cab. (I actually liked the cab on the New Holland better than either Deere or Kubota but the rest of the chassis/loader didn't match up to my needs as much as the L did.

You may want to pop over to Orangetractortalks, lots of nice tractor people over there. My user name is the same there so you can hit me up on either. (Same on WFM as well if you ever get into vintage Deere)

OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota - Powered by vBulletin

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Decided it's time to upgrade my tractor. Altho the 3038 is a nice tractor, I cannot use it to get to all my property. There is a 'ditch' running the length of my property and I am unable to drive thru it. The ditch is more like a trench, about 18" wide and about 2' deep. I've driven over/thru it in my Gator, which has larger tires than the front tires of the 3038 and it was a rough ride. So I am looking for a bigger tractor w/ wheels that can bridge the gap.

My dealer has a new 4066R and a used 5100E w/ 10 hrs., along w/ a new 2032R that is larger in physical size than my 3038.

The 4066 is very hard for me to get into (I'm 5'6") The 5100, which is substantially larger, is easier to get into. Why Deere didn't put in a ladder like 5 Family is beyond me. But $50.000 is out of my price range. The 4066 is $33,000 and does not have a loader.

My dealer also sells Kubota, and I looked at a couple of those also. Their larger compact tractors have the power of the 4 Family but are slightly smaller. I tested one w/ the manual transmission, but decided that while I can drive a stick, I would be better off with a Hydrostatic unit, like the
L4701HST or the 4066R.

I decided on the L4701. I can get into the cab much easier than the 4066 and while the front wheels/tires are the same size, the rear tires/wheels are larger, so I should be able to get over my ditch. It came w/ a loader and a 72" brush cutter. It was delivered last Thursday.

With all the rain we have had here in the Midwest, I've had to wait for my field to dry out and I must say I am very please with my selection.
well congrats on ur new tractor-but i'm confused as to why:dunno:u couldn't of laid a culvert in ur ditch? and then been able to drive over it.:munch:
my dad always said when time to trade a vehicle a fella could think of a million reasons to trade it. :laugh: good luck with ur new tractor.

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor!

Imwould still fix the ditch, just use the new tractor... Depending on what it looks like, a culvert or just cut out a swail to drive through.

I just upgraded from a Kubota B3200. I narrowed it down to a Grand L 3560 and the 3039R. I went with the R. All is balanced in tractor world. You went green to orange and i went orange to green. Who says the economy is bad!

Enjoy your new tractor. Got any pictures?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts