Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the greenfarmparts.com one day only 4th of July Sale. My boss made this offer so NO other coupon codes can apply for this one day only but I am not going to stand for that! I am going to sweeten the deal for our GTT customers, if you put "GTT Fireworks" in the customer notes when placing the order we will issue a 7% credit back to your original form of payment after we process the order.

Have a great Independence Day holiday and don't miss out on some free swag.

Happy 4th everyone!

https://www.greenfarmparts.com/Articles.asp?ID=306

Attachments

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Hey guys, I tried using this code yesterday. The website kicked it back, saying "not a valid code" or something similar. No big deal but I thought I'd mention it for the future.

Edit: oh boy, I just reread the original post and see that this was perfectly normal. Duh.

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
Hey guys, I tried using this code yesterday. The website kicked it back, saying "not a valid code" or something similar. No big deal but I thought I'd mention it for the future.
No offense but you didn't read the instructions above carefully enough. :) I fell into the same trap last night but realized what I was doing wrong when I went back and re-read the announcement. The "GTT Fireworks" is not a discount code. You needed to put that phrase in the "customer notes" box when completing your order.

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
No offense but you didn't read the instructions above carefully enough. :) I fell into the same trap last night but realized what I was doing wrong when I went back and re-read the announcement. The "GTT Fireworks" is not a discount code. You needed to put that phrase in the "customer notes" box when completing your order.
Yes, thanks, see my edit. What a dummy. The old synapses aren't what they used to be.

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
Yes, thanks, see my edit. What a dummy. The old synapses aren't what they used to be.
Like I said, you are not alone. I entered the code, got the error, thought WTF, and then went back and re-read the post. :)

·
Registered
12,342 Posts
boy i probably messed my order up real good-jeez:banghead::banghead:

Like I said, you are not alone. I entered the code, got the error, thought WTF, and then went back and re-read the post. :)
:dunno:believe it or not--mine went thru:good2::laugh: no error on mine-got a confirmation number at the end.

now the big question i guess is did i get a discount?:dunno:i wrote on their chat thingee-and asked them to call me yesterday sometime:unknown:but no call:cell:so i guess i better call them today to check on stuff:unknown: i-yi-yi-:munch::munch::munch:

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
boy i probably messed my order up real good-jeez
believe it or not--mine went thru no error on mine-got a confirmation number at the end. now the big question i guess is did i get a discount?i wrote on their chat thingee-and asked them to call me yesterday sometime but no call so i guess i better call them today to check on stuff i-yi-yi-
Question... did you use BOTH discount codes? I think the whole purpose of the special promotion was for you to use the standard GTT code in the promotion box to get the standard GTT discount and then you would get an additional 7% discount credited back if you put the phrase in the "notes" box.

So if you did everything correctly you should effectively get a 14% discount. 7% reflected immediately and 7% credited back.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
boy i probably messed my order up real good-jeez:banghead::banghead:

:dunno:believe it or not--mine went thru:good2::laugh: no error on mine-got a confirmation number at the end.

now the big question i guess is did i get a discount?:dunno:i wrote on their chat thingee-and asked them to call me yesterday sometime:unknown:but no call:cell:so i guess i better call them today to check on stuff:unknown: i-yi-yi-:munch::munch::munch:
Getting that high speed pulley? :munch:

Question... did you use BOTH discount codes? I think the whole purpose of the special promotion was for you to use the standard GTT code in the promotion box to get the standard GTT discount and then you would get an additional 7% discount credited back if you put the phrase in the "notes" box.

So if you did everything correctly you should effectively get a 14% discount. 7% reflected immediately and 7% credited back.
It's NOT 7% plus 7%. It's a choice of a free gift depending on whether you spent $50+ or $100+ AND the 7%

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts
It's NOT 7% plus 7%. It's a choice of a free gift depending on whether you spent $50+ or $100+ AND the 7%
That is not how I interpreted the message from GFP above. The $50 and $100 offers are the standard public deals advertised on the website. The GTT + GTT Fireworks is something only mentioned on this forum.

Otherwise, since the GTT code already exists, what would be the purpose of the GTT Fireworks code?

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
That is not how I interpreted the message from GFP above. The $50 and $100 offers are the standard public deals advertised on the website. The GTT + GTT Fireworks is something only mentioned on this forum.

Otherwise, since the GTT code already exists, what would be the purpose of the GTT Fireworks code?
You were to put your "free gift" choice in the coupon code box. That would be in place of putting GTT in the coupon box. So, GFP says if you put "GTT Fireworks" in customer notes they would still give you the GTT discount.:good2:

If you were able to get 14%, GREAT. :yahoo:

I tried to order, just for the free shipping that day (no minimum order):thumbup1gif: , but my order was rejected twice. Each time I tried to "check out" it said my cart was empty, and sure enough, it had dumped my cart. It was not worth my time (typing each P/N I wanted) to try a third time, so I will get the parts from my local dealer.

·
Registered
825 Posts
You were to put your "free gift" choice in the coupon code box. That would be in place of putting GTT in the coupon box. So, GFP says if you put "GTT Fireworks" in customer notes they would still give you the GTT discount.:good2:

If you were able to get 14%, GREAT. :yahoo:

I tried to order, just for the free shipping that day (no minimum order)1gif: , but my order was rejected twice. Each time I tried to "check out" it said my cart was empty, and sure enough, it had dumped my cart. It was not worth my time (typing each P/N I wanted) to try a third time, so I will get the parts from my local dealer.
Same here, I had over 21 parts in the cart but it kept dumping my cart, I thought it was just me, even tried a different PC and had the same problem. Ended up paying paying considerably more at my local dealership for these parts due to the inter web site problems.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I apologize for any trouble or misunderstanding anyone had with the July 4th promotion, I thought it seemed very clear that the coupon code was for FREE stuff but I wanted to honor the GTT discount and the only way to do that was to have you put the "GTT FIREWORKS" in the order notes. In no way was this meant to be a 14% discount. In some cases they just do not allow for two or more coupon codes to be used on the same order so I was trying to get around that for our GTT folks. Have a great rest of your day. Jason :usa:greentractorride:

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
I apologize for any trouble or misunderstanding anyone had with the July 4th promotion, I thought it seemed very clear that the coupon code was for FREE stuff but I wanted to honor the GTT discount and the only way to do that was to have you put the "GTT FIREWORKS" in the order notes. In no way was this meant to be a 14% discount. In some cases they just do not allow for two or more coupon codes to be used on the same order so I was trying to get around that for our GTT folks. Have a great rest of your day. Jason :usa:greentractorride:
As one outside observer, I'd say it's still confusing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts