Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was using my x758 tonight moving light snow in the driveway. I was just done when I barely hit the lip of granite cobble where it transitions on the asphalt. There was a bit of a bang/bounce/thud call it whatever, and the whole machine just stopped dead in its tracks.
Turning the key to restart does nothing.
Theres no lights coming on or anything. Literally the machine is dead in its last spot.

Any advice?
Its not the battery, its fine on fuel, motor oil was perfect as was hydro i had just checked them. I dont know what the hell just happened but its related to that clip on the cobble, but I dont see how the hell that would have done this....
Need help fast as its just sitting there

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Did you check fuses? My X585 did something just like that when I hit a lip. It was a different issue as I have a gas engine but it blew the fuse on the EFI circuit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will check that!
Thanks
Hopefully that’s all it is, scared the crap out of my like a wtf moment

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Of course you don't have EFI with a diesel but it is worth checking as an initial troubleshooting. Also I would assume yours is like the other models where there is a fuseable link between the battery and the starter. I assume no cranking or anything based on your description.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not turning over not lighting up at all with key in ignition
I’ll check the fuses
Not something you’d expect to go

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
With a hit, it is possible something grounded out and popped a fuse or fusable link.

Do you have the lock open on your blade so it trips?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have it sorted
Thanks guys
The manual isn’t great on this

but the “unswitched power to key”
Fuse was blown
Hopefully that’s all
Know soon

just got to get it off the location ASAP

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
I may have it sorted
Thanks guys
The manual isn’t great on this

but the “unswitched power to key”
Fuse was blown
Hopefully that’s all
Know soon

just got to get it off the location ASAP

Well at least It doesn't Look Like it a Big cost to fix I knew it would be something simple But I couldn't Think when I returned Your PM. Sennister saved the day in his Baby Blue Cape(inside Joke) (y)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
We were chatting in PM as well. To get the machine out of the way he could look in a vehicle, many use the same style mini blade fuses. Sometimes there are spares or borrow one from something not necessary in the vehicle. Maybe AC or something if nothing else to get it moved. Don't borrow a critical fuse because if whatever caused it to pop is still grounded out you will have two machines dead. At least it isn't a dealer run situation. Always start with the easy stuff like fuses. I know the fusable link is there but I don't think I have ever read of anyone blowing one of those. It is possible.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it was that
20-Unswitched Starter Fuse

I had to go to several places to find one and eventually did on the last place I was going to try! The fuses are not the same as auto, they are a mini fuse in case anyone ever stuck, and when it happens you will be.

I replaced it, and was normal when I put the key in and a sigh of relief. It was just weird and I wonder was it a lose connection or something

Anyways it’s off the road and all set thanks everyone for the help I had to come here and ask for help because time was critical with where it was

I’ll leave the thread up in case anyone ever in the same situation
Keep a box of spares handy is the take home message!!

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
So it was that
20-Unswitched Starter Fuse

I had to go to several places to find one and eventually did on the last place I was going to try! The fuses are not the same as auto, they are a mini fuse in case anyone ever stuck, and when it happens you will be.

I replaced it, and was normal when I put the key in and a sigh of relief. It was just weird and I wonder was it a lose connection or something

Anyways it’s off the road and all set thanks everyone for the help I had to come here and ask for help because time was critical with where it was

I’ll leave the thread up in case anyone ever in the same situation
Keep a box of spares handy is the take home message!!
I have a aftermarket electric lift sleeve Hitch for My JD GX335 and it Like to Blow fuses so I keep a Box On Hand :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lifesaver!!! Great forum

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Got a pic of the fuse type? I am curious that you had as much trouble finding them.The fuses in my X585 are the same type our GM vehicles have used for years. Maybe there was a change or maybe they are just common with GM?

Did it stall out on the road? 😲

One thing you should familiarize yourself with is the process for pushing the machine. Since you installed the CTC and I assume you replaced the pressure relief, that means you also had to replace that lever that goes over those pressure reliefs and down the side of the frame. You should be able to move that lever so that it presses down on those pressure relief valves and then you can push the tractor if you had to. You don't want to tow it any great distance but lets say it was dead and you had to pull it up on a trailer or push it off the road, you are going to want to be familiar with the process. It wouldn't hurt to exercise that lever once a year or two. Don't want those detents to get stuck on you when you need it the most.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is weird, so this exact same thing happened again, in the exact same spot, where the driveway transitions to a row of cobble.
Engine went out, all the lights out, dead as a door nail!

I checked the fuses thinking here we go again,Fuse B this time looked fine, but Fuse A is blown. Replaced it but this time nothing resolved it!

I don’t know what to do!I do note the fuses are not how they are in the photos, in the photo in the manual the letters are say for example A B C but the fuse numbering ie 20 20 15 are upside down, but this is always how it’s been in my deere

could that be the issue?
even though last time I replaced the fuse upside down compared to the letter exactly how it was pre existing

the x758 is again in a bad spot in my driveway blocking things and on a hill so I can’t push the damn thing

ideas???

oddly this has happened ever since I’ve installed a NOCO battery tender and a quick connect in the dash. I’ve check my wiring, it’s secure! I don’t know what the hell could be wrong

The battery is fully charged and the x758 was running when I hit this bump or transition. The wiring is secure at the battery!
Could it be the seat switch? I never tampered with it?

ive also heard of bad pto switches ....

it’s beginning to really P1Ss me off

I’ve attached the manual for this section, I’ve no idea where the upper fuse is

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Info from manual

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you look at my photo of my fuse box the fuses appear to be upside down in comparison to the diagram, but this is how it came from factory
Could this be the issue?

I can’t find the upper switch fuse can anyone advise?

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know NOTHING about an X758...but here goes anyhow!
Upper switch fuse: If you're referring to "J" in your second photo, you may not have a fuse. No idea of early/late model or serial number break, but you may have a fusible link instead of a fuse. You may need a schematic to find the location of it...wire number, goes from xx to yy. If it's a fusible link, it will appear as a slightly different piece of wire inserted into a wire and probably slightly larger.

I can't be of any help as to why you're blowing fuses, but most likely bare wireS. Different fuses blew so 2 problem areas

·
Registered
548 Posts
The only reason a fuse blows is there is more amperage on the circuit than the fuse is rated for. You either have a short circuit, or you have a motor or pump that is drawing too much amperage. I'd start at the fuse and work my way back to whatever it operates looking for a frayed wire or connection. I had to do the same thing with my old Craftsman and found a single strand of wire that would intermittently ground itself against the engine and blow the fuse. It's probably a short unless you've attached something new to that circuit and that's what is overloading the fuse.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
Right side up, sideways, upside down, doesn't matter how it's oriented. Just a little difficult to read labels! I would check all of your electrical connections for sure, and not everything is a fuse. You also have relays which fail on occasion.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts