Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

So, my tractor, new this year, can raise and lower the MMM with the joystick; it also works the FEL with the joystick - however, I didn't realize that to use the FEL and actuate the bucket I would have to disconnect the line that allows me to raise and lower the mower deck and reconnect the FEL line.

I find myself out in the field all the time while mowing and needing to use the FEL for little things, like moving dead brush, rocks, etc and being able to actuate the FEL without having to switch the lines would be very nice. I am also wondering if I am wearing things out switching the lines so much.

I am told there is an option that is a switch of a sort that would allow me to have a "switch" between having the joystick control one to controlling the other.

Is this worth it? Does it have complications? I am told it will be about $500 to add - something like that -

Thanks
-Ed

·
Registered
447 Posts
Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Ive got a diverter valve on my 420 to switch loader to back hoe. There must be a smilar item to redirect 2 hydraulic lines in tandem.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
My 1 series came set up from the dealer with the mower deck working off the 3ph and I see no reason to change it. I can lower the deck all the way before the 3ph lowers all the way so it's pretty handy this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
MMM and FEL

I purchased my 1025R this year also, I'm NOT knew to tractor, not even close, growing up on grandfathers Farms. I knew going into it that I would need to control each one independent and that current they control the MMM or you set it up for the joystick and it would control the MMM. I knew this so I had the dealer install the independent lift for the MMM. All I have to do is push the button about where you knee is below the steering column. Lift up the MMM and adjust the fine tune knob to what I need to do. IT doesn't effect the FEL or the 3pt hitch system. I can use either one of the FEL , 3pt and MMM and not effect either one at any time. I love the way I have my tractor set up.
John Deere Independent Lift.PNG John Deere Independent Lift 2.PNG

·
Registered
375 Posts
I converted my tractor from Hydraulic lift to Independent Hydraulic Lift with parts purchased from GreenFarmParts.com (using the GTT coupon code). Since, like you, I already had the hydraulic lift, it was only about $320 to add the Independent kit and another $40 or so for the extra hydraulic line for the power beyond (I have a backhoe so this extra line was necessary). If you're handy with a wrench and have a day to spare, you should be able to do the conversion without issue.

Is it worth it? Completely. Are there complications? The only complication I had was figuring out how to route the hard hydraulic lines. They have a specific "fit" and it was a bit challenging figuring out how to twist and turn the lines to get them in their correct spots. I have had no issues with the system since it was installed.

Here is psrumors's thread on converting the tractor to Independent Lift:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/10569-installing-independent-valve-hose-kit-lvb26207.html (Post #26 is where the psrumors has pictures; I printed out his line routing pictures when I did my conversion and they immensely helped.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts