Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
Front frame mounted QH? Rear 3PH QH? FEL JDQA/SSQA QH?

What tractor are we talking about?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
One approach I've seen several times is to drill or cut a hole in one of the forks. Then, a hitch ball can be temporarily mounted right to the fork. Not a receiver hitch, but allows one to move a trailer around.

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
One approach I've seen several times is to drill or cut a hole in one of the forks. Then, a hitch ball can be temporarily mounted right to the fork. Not a receiver hitch, but allows one to move a trailer around.
Did you reply to the correct thread? :unknown:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Did you reply to the correct thread? :unknown:
I replied to what I THOUGHT the OP was asking. However, now that I read it over several times again, I'm thinking my response doesn't answer his question.
I thought he was asking for some sort of 2" receiver hitch to mount on the forks. Sort of like your new 2" receiver hitch mounted on the bucket.
Now, that I read it again closely, it appears he is asking about forks for an iMatch???

Anyway, sorry if I added more confusion to this thread.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
I replied to what I THOUGHT the OP was asking. However, now that I read it over several times again, I'm thinking my response doesn't answer his question.
I thought he was asking for some sort of 2" receiver hitch to mount on the forks. Sort of like your new 2" receiver hitch mounted on the bucket.
Now, that I read it again closely, it appears he is asking about forks for an iMatch???

Anyway, sorry if I added more confusion to this thread.
I'm always confused. :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about the signature line. I have 2012 4105 with FIL. I built a set of quick attach forks . I have been kicking around the idea of building an adapter to use the forks on the quick hitch. I have seen the Artillian 3pt hitch adapter, and that is almost what i am wanting only in reverse. If that helps? In short to use the forks as a carryall. Thanks

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
OK, so you built a set of forks that attach to the JDQA on your FEL. Now you would like to use them on the rear of the tractor where you have a QH (iMatch or similar) on your 3PH. Got it...I think.

I have seen guys weld tabs on the rear of the forklift frame so they could use them on the rear as well. Check out post #12 of this thread on the forestry forum: 3 point fork lift??

·
Super Moderator
5,209 Posts
Sorry about the signature line. I have 2012 4105 with FIL. I built a set of quick attach forks . I have been kicking around the idea of building an adapter to use the forks on the quick hitch. I have seen the Artillian 3pt hitch adapter, and that is almost what i am wanting only in reverse. If that helps? In short to use the forks as a carryall. Thanks
I don't know of anyone that makes what you are looking for but, to be honest, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a carry all. TSC sells theirs for $129 and you can use it as a set of 3pt forks if you are working with standard sized pallets.

Reactions: Artillian

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
Before I had a loader I had a set of these. I used them with my Quick Hitch but had to use an extension link on the top link. I had found photos on line from a guy who took a set of these, cut the top apart where the top of the "V" joins together and replaced it with a box section that would mate up with the hook on the quick hitch. I was planning to do the mod to my forks but ended up getting the loader first and now have a set of Artillian forks.

I bought this set of forks on-line from Agri Supply for $149. They are true tapered forks with a 2000 lb capacity. They work much nicer than adapting a carry-all (which I too had originally considered).

photo1.jpg

I've been searching around the net to see if I could find the photos of the modified forks.

FYI... this photo was taken after I removed the lower iMatch bushings in preparation for selling them.

Reactions: Artillian

·
Super Moderator
5,209 Posts
I was thinking diy. I like building my own stuff I was looking for an idea. I will get on working up prototype. Thanks
If you're dead set on making your own, you can usually pick up a set of used forks on Craigslist for short $$. Then start welding on some angle iron for the horizonals and you could build something that looks very similar to the TSC Carry-All. You can find Cat 1 pins pretty easily.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417889989.908523.jpg I think I might not have explained what I was wanting . This is the forks I built. And thought about using them as a carryall. I use a 300 gallon tote to water my garden with , it gets way to out of control on the Loader. A carryall will not fit in the holes under the tote. With a carryall it sits on top of the carryall and must be ratcheted down 9 ways to Sunday. With the forks back on the lift it will only need one strap. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
747 Posts
If you made your own forks for your loader it should be a snap to weld on some mounts for a rear 3 pt quick hitch. Look at some of the trailer hitch builds for mount ideas. The trick will be to get it mounted so that the new mounts don't interfere with mounting it on the loader.

Take some pics as I've been considering something similar.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Before I had a loader I had a set of these. I used them with my Quick Hitch but had to use an extension link on the top link. I had found photos on line from a guy who took a set of these, cut the top apart where the top of the "V" joins together and replaced it with a box section that would mate up with the hook on the quick hitch. I was planning to do the mod to my forks but ended up getting the loader first and now have a set of Artillian forks.

I bought this set of forks on-line from Agri Supply for $149. They are true tapered forks with a 2000 lb capacity. They work much nicer than adapting a carry-all (which I too had originally considered).

View attachment 36386

I've been searching around the net to see if I could find the photos of the modified forks.

FYI... this photo was taken after I removed the lower iMatch bushings in preparation for selling them.
Ding ding ding ding!

I get this question all the time. Making an adapter that will hang off of a 3pt quick hitch and accept the JDQA loader attaching scheme to mount your forks will likely be heavy and kludgy (if made strong enough). With the time and cost involved, it's best just to get a set of 3pt forks.

You might be able to add some features to the back of your pallet fork frame to attach to the quick hitch. However, watch to make sure that it won't interfere with your tires. And then as a bonus you'll get to look at all that "glommage" on your fork frame every time you use your forks on the loader, and will have lost that much more lift capacity due to the added weight.

Hope this is helpful. :drinks:

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you have dedicated 3 point forks and 60 extra dollars you could by a second tote and carry more water while keeping the tractor balanced

1 - 19 of 19 Posts