Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im contemplating a used 2014 1025r with FEL and 60"MMM, for $15,000. The dealer tells me they sold it originally and was traded on a larger tractor because the the previous owner did more loader work than he thought. The tractor has about 80 hours on it . My other option is go to a new Kubota BX2370 for $1500 more with the same options as the JD. Thoughts on the options?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
That sounds close to new price. Have you priced a new 1025R? The new ones have a 6 year warranty.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Go to Machinefinder.com and compare it to what other JD dealers are selling 1025r's for. Seems like an ok price but you can get that same tractor new for not a whole lot more and it will have warranty. If you are a cash buyer you might be able to find one a little cheaper from a private seller. If all you are interested in is a mower and FEL, then I would consider a brand new 1023e. Same tractor without some of the frills and a better price.

If you are getting an FEL, I recommend some sort of ballast as well. Either get the ballast box from JD or suitcase weights and a heavy hitch from heavyhitch.com. The ballast box will probably be a cheaper deal. Loading the tires won't hurt either.

Nothing wrong with orange tractors but consider the differences before buying, to make sure it fits your preferences in a tractor. Also consider which dealer has better service and is closer. That makes a pretty big difference in the ownership experience in my opinion. I have a dealer that is close but it wasn't like that when I lived in Texas or Kentucky.

Good luck with your purchase. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
You can get a new one for not much more with 6 year warranty and zero interest 5 years to pa payment probably be the same
When I bought mine in July 1025r, h120 fel, 60D auto connect, front quick hitch, premium led lights, ballast box, technical service manual, parts manual 17,400. Shop around:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
There are too many intangibles with a used.
60% of new price would be my limit for the used machine,,,

My JD dealer has two of those IDENTICAL machines on consignment,,
They are at similar prices, and have set there for over 1 year.

Yes, a bigger machine is nice,, but, do not be the one that helps the guy that changed his mind,,,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Im contemplating a used 2014 1025r with FEL and 60"MMM, for $15,000. The dealer tells me they sold it originally and was traded on a larger tractor because the the previous owner did more loader work than he thought. The tractor has about 80 hours on it . My other option is go to a new Kubota BX2370 for $1500 more with the same options as the JD. Thoughts on the options?
This sounds similar to my experience. I started out looking for a used machine, thinking I could save a bunch of money. But like you I learned that the good deals are not easy to find. These machines hold their value very well.

My local Deere dealer quoted me $17,704 for a brand new machine in the configuration you're looking at...!! (1025R + H120 + Ballast Box + 60"MMM) And I didn't grind him for a deal. That machine would be brand new, with no problems and a 6 year warranty. Plus, then they tell me about "No Money Down, 60 Months No Interest" financing.

I did find a few deals on MachineFinder.com, but they were 1,000 miles away and not configured the way I wanted. I could have saved maybe $5,000. But, I'd have to stroke a great big check out of savings, I couldn't easily check the machine out, I'd have to pay to have it transported and I'd be 1,000 miles away from the seller if something went wrong. In the end, I decided to buy new. I have my fingers crossed that my new machine might be delivered this Friday.... I can't wait.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I bought mine in April. I think the tractor was 13,911.29. So your does not sound like much of a deal. I got 0% financing for 60 Months. I would go new. You get brand new/Warranty/Free Financing.

Here is the quote

JOHN DEERE 1025R Sub-Compact

Utility Tractor (18 PTO hp)

$ 15,216.96 $ 13,911.29 X 1 = $ 13,911.29

JOHN DEERE H120 Loader $ 3,534.00 $ 3,330.85 X 1 = $ 3,330.85

JOHN DEERE 54D In. Mid-Mount

Side Discharge Mower

$ 2,381.00 $ 2,244.12 X 1 = $ 2,244.12

JOHN DEERE 647 Rotary Tiller $ 2,666.00 $ 2,512.74 X 1 = $ 2,512.74

Equipment Total $ 21,999.00

Reactions: fdmars and BigJim55

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Congrats on the new :greentractorride:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Glad to hear NEW tractor!! You will enjoy it. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Marlin and BigJim55

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
:bigthumb:I don't think u will go wrong with going for the new verses the used. back in 2006, when I bought my 2520, I paid 7% interest on my loan, and I had good credit too. only 3 yrs , or was 1 yr on some things, and 3 for the gear train,. I can't really remember back 10 yrs for sure now.:banghead: good luck, and I hope u have many good years with ur new tractor!!:greentractorride:

Reactions: Levi

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
After reading all the comments I started calling the local dealers and found that it wasn't that much difference in price. My new tractor will be delivered to my house tomorrow.
Congrats on the "new". Which color did you end up with?

Reactions: BigJim55 and Marlin

·
Registered
135 Posts
After reading all the comments I started calling the local dealers and found that it wasn't that much difference in price. My new tractor will be delivered to my house tomorrow.
Congratulations. I think you made a smart choice. Mine arrives today. Butterflies in the stomach man, I can't wait...!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts