Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used snow blower. The ad says 47" quick hitch snow blower. I contacted the seller and he said he "thinks" it was used on a 700 series. The only information he could provide was the blower part # of DE18720. If it was used on a 700 series, is there any chance that the quick hitch and shaft would work on a 2305? Is there a magic chart that shows a cross-reference for compatibility?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

·
Registered
280 Posts
i wouldnt want to risk it, i doubt the 2305 and the x700 shafts and quick hitches are the same

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blower part number

Saw your post and went out to my garage to look at the new blower I just purchased in April for my 2305. It has the same part number DE 18720. It is a 47inch quick hitch blower. Looks to me like you might be in business here but I am no expert. You may want to check with your local dealer regarding compatibility. Good luck.

Clay

·
Registered
280 Posts
ya, you might have to buy a quick hitch, and/or drive shaft. MAKE SURE you check with your dealer and are sure the drive shaft fits that tractor so you dont ruin your machine

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the blower is a match. But I wonder how much the correct quick hitch and shaft will cost. He is asking $2000 for the set-up. I am concerned that it will not be cost effective if I have to buy the correct parts to use on my 2305.

Lee

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blower

Lee

The whole deal...blower, shaft, all parts ran me just over 3K brand new from dealer. Thought this might help you gauge which way to go. Good luck.

Clay

·
Registered
280 Posts
if i was you and the attaching parts arent the same i would get a new blower, also how "Used is the blower

you might be able to sell the quick hitch, and pto on ebay, then buy the attaching parts for the 2305

·
Administrator
17,251 Posts
The blower is the same, but all the attaching parts and PTO are different. Expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $1200 for everything needed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just bought a 47" blower setup for a 1026R. Getting delivery today.:good2: The invoice for the blower was $3238 before tax.

·
127 Posts
Used 47" and 54" John Deere Snow Blower Compatibility Chart

We've been running into questions on used John Deere 47" snowblower compatibility and have put a chart together for anyone who finds this thread in the future. Click the Link to see what you need for your tractor model.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The x series quick hitch will work on the 2210/2305s. However you do need the two plates that mount to the frame and the upstop bracket/PTO ends like in the picture below. (front right in the picture). PTO driveshafts are different too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Newt can you point out what part is the upstop bracket?
The large assembly on the left is the quick attach?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Newt can you point out what part is the upstop bracket?
The large assembly on the left is the quick attach?
Maybe its not called a "upstop", but the large piece on the left is the "quick hitch".

Additional parts to make work from a X series to 2210/2305. There are attaching brackets (number 15) and the bracket on the right with the PTO stubs sticking out. Also the long drive shaft from the mid PTO to the front bracket will be different from a X series to a 2210/2305.

Here is Deeres parts page for the front quick hitch and brackets needed for a 2305 No 15 and 16.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

1 - 13 of 13 Posts