Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any used 60" snow blades that would fit the quick hitch on my 1025R. I know CTA and JD make them but am trying to look locally for a used one. I would consider a 54" but wanted one that can cover the tire width while angled.

I know I would need the angling cylinder but just don't know how to tell what would fit the quick hitch. For example I don't know if all quick hitch plows for the older tractors fit my quick hitch? I want to obviously be able to use my existing setup that I use with my 54SB.

By the way -- This year I had inquired about buying the Matev 160 cm angling/vee blade (matev: Produktinfos SRM-VP 130/160 L – Schneeräumschild V-Pflug) as I have relatives in Germany who could get this for me. Thought it is really cool but found out it is only for the well off! $3,000 just for the plow. I would still need the Matev front hitch.

It does have the capability to add a front pto and front mower. I cannot think of any time I would need that. But it is just cool that they make that.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
CTA is a new company (or at least new to building Deere attachments) in the last 2 or 3 years. Deere's 60" blade in a brand new within the last couple of months.

Finding either used would be near impossible. I don't know of anyone else that makes a 60" snow blade for either a JDQA loader or for the front Quick Hitch.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
I know I would need the angling cylinder but just don't know how to tell what would fit the quick hitch. For example I don't know if all quick hitch plows for the older tractors fit my quick hitch? I want to obviously be able to use my existing setup that I use with my 54SB.
An option would be to go with a 54" blade and add the Artillian wings to extend it's width to 66".

54 Plow Products

I *think* any of the 54" plows will work with your Quick Hitch. It's the Quick Hitch itself that differs between machines.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
An option would be to go with a 54" blade and add the Artillian wings to extend it's width to 66".

54 Plow Products

I *think* any of the 54" plows will work with your Quick Hitch. It's the Quick Hitch itself that differs between machines.
I have the 54 + wings option. I like it a lot. I like that the ends are flexible in case I hit something.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
CTA is a new company (or at least new to building Deere attachments) in the last 2 or 3 years. Deere's 60" blade in a brand new within the last couple of months.

Finding either used would be near impossible. I don't know of anyone else that makes a 60" snow blade for either a JDQA loader or for the front Quick Hitch.
HLA, Horst welding out of Canada makes 60” (and other sizes) blades and pushers for the JDQALoaders. I have a 60” blade and a couple other guys, in upstate NY I think, have the pushers. They are phenomenal!!!

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any used 60" snow blades that would fit the quick hitch on my 1025R. I know CTA and JD make them but am trying to look locally for a used one. I would consider a 54" but wanted one that can cover the tire width while angled.

By the way -- This year I had inquired about buying the Matev 160 cm angling/vee blade (matev: Produktinfos SRM-VP 130/160 L – Schneeräumschild V-Pflug) as I have relatives in Germany who could get this for me. Thought it is really cool but found out it is only for the well off! $3,000 just for the plow. I would still need the Matev front hitch.

It does have the capability to add a front pto and front mower. I cannot think of any time I would need that. But it is just cool that they make that.

The mounting style for the quick hitch is what you need to focus on and that has been the same for over 25 years, likely longer. Actually, you can purchase the actual hitch mount and fabricate something if you want.

Personally, I think the 54" plow on the 1 series is way undersized.......I have used a larger custom built plow on my 455 for several years. There are pictures of it on my thread about how it works on the 455 but due to the lower hitch mount height on the 1025R, my custom plow won't fit on the new tractor so I will find a solution, whether it's the Artillian loader plate or something else.

Price the Boss V plows for the Gators and the $3,000 is actually a decent price. Some of the V Plows for 1/2 and 3/4 ton pick up trucks with certain options are nearing the $10,000 price range........For trucks over 1 ton, the price can quickly approach $20,000 or more

I would LOVE to have a V Plow for my 1025R........I got a cab from Austria from Mauser, so maybe a plow from Germany is a possibility........

I just might see about customizing a Boss Plow mount to fit..........

https://www.bossplow.com/en/products/utv-atv-equipment/mid-size-utv-blade

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
I have the CTA 60" and really like it. Very sturdy and has regular show plow feet.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

54 Plow Products

The wings would be a good option since it does seem that all of the used blades are up to 54" and not wider. As for which plow would fit I was going to bring my quick hitch (the front most part) with me when looking at used blades.

I have the CTA 60" and really like it. Very sturdy and has regular show plow feet.
So far, with the price people want locally for used 54" blades ($500 and up) this seems to be my best option so far considering that the added cost of the Artillian wings would bring the cost of the used blades at or higher than this one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Back blade

I have the 54 + wings option. I like it a lot. I like that the ends are flexible in case I hit something.
Hello Tim
I was looking at your web site on snow removal, I don't remember seeing much about using a back blade could you give your feelings on that.
Your vids are great especially the farm ones.
Thank you and your family Merry Christmas and Happy and healthy New Year

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Hello Tim
I was looking at your web site on snow removal, I don't remember seeing much about using a back blade could you give your feelings on that.
Your vids are great especially the farm ones.
Thank you and your family Merry Christmas and Happy and healthy New Year
I have some input, but not as much experience with rear blade snow removal as others.

I think this is a good place to apply my favorite sub-compact tractor phrase: "It beats a shovel!"

When plowing forward, you run over the snow with the tractor first, packing it down before your blade gets a chance to remove.

Also, when the snow piles in front of your blade, it interferes with the rear wheels making you get stuck.

My personal opinion is that the 1-series has better options available. Edge Tamers, front blade, etc.

Others with more rear blade experience may have a more positive outlook on the rear blade for snow...

Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Back Blade

I have some input, but not as much experience with rear blade snow removal as others.

I think this is a good place to apply my favorite sub-compact tractor phrase: "It beats a shovel!"

When plowing forward, you run over the snow with the tractor first, packing it down before your blade gets a chance to remove.

Also, when the snow piles in front of your blade, it interferes with the rear wheels making you get stuck.

My personal opinion is that the 1-series has better options available. Edge Tamers, front blade, etc.

Others with more rear blade experience may have a more positive outlook on the rear blade for snow...

Tim
As usual Tim very good points that will help in my decision I am leaning towards the 54" QH blade.
Thank again Bill

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was also considering a rear grader blade to go with my snow blower but I have very flat pavement on my driveway so I have the snow blower set all of the way down and it clears completely. I want the blade due to the lighter snows we get and although we don't have as much snowfall events as when I lived in Michigan, I do have 21 neighbors driveways to clear whenever it does snow.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The mounting style for the quick hitch is what you need to focus on and that has been the same for over 25 years, likely longer. Actually, you can purchase the actual hitch mount and fabricate something if you want.

Personally, I think the 54" plow on the 1 series is way undersized.......I have used a larger custom built plow on my 455 for several years. There are pictures of it on my thread about how it works on the 455 but due to the lower hitch mount height on the 1025R, my custom plow won't fit on the new tractor so I will find a solution, whether it's the Artillian loader plate or something else.

Price the Boss V plows for the Gators and the $3,000 is actually a decent price. Some of the V Plows for 1/2 and 3/4 ton pick up trucks with certain options are nearing the $10,000 price range........For trucks over 1 ton, the price can quickly approach $20,000 or more

I would LOVE to have a V Plow for my 1025R........I got a cab from Austria from Mauser, so maybe a plow from Germany is a possibility........

I just might see about customizing a Boss Plow mount to fit..........

https://www.bossplow.com/en/products/utv-atv-equipment/mid-size-utv-blade

If a Western V-Plow would fit the bill I know where you can get a JDQA to Western Plow adapter.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
On target

Tim
Tim-

I think your points are all on target at least as far as the rear blade goes. You do run over the snow first which with smaller, lighter tractors causes traction issues as well as packing the wheel tracks. If you angle the blade in a deep snow, my 790 will spin around due to the torque of the blade unless I use the offset to to counteract the angle of the blade. It's not an issue with light fluffy snow- a rear blade will work fine then.

I would like to have a front blade for my loader just side enough for the wheel tracks to go with a wider back blade. Open the path with the front blade and extend it with the back but unless I make/scrounge one it's not a priority unless we get more than our usual meager amounts of snow. I do like the versatility of the back blade as you can angle it, run it flat, turn it 180 and back push etc. You can also easily move them from tractor to tractor which isn't always as easy with front mounted machine specific equipment.

Either way, it beats a shovel. . .

Treefarmer

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have figured out that the difference in blades is the back portion that hooks up to the quick hitch. This is about $300 for all of the parts. So I either have to find a blade for my 1 series or get just a blade to use the mold board section and buy 1 series back parts.

Seems more likely that I will get the CTA blade. Not having luck finding a 54 blade at the right price.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have figured out that the difference in blades is the back portion that hooks up to the quick hitch. This is about $300 for all of the parts. So I either have to find a blade for my 1 series or get just a blade to use the mold board section and buy 1 series back parts.

Seems more likely that I will get the CTA blade. Not having luck finding a 54 blade at the right price.

FWIW, I love my 60 CTA plow on the 2320. I plowed 2-3" of snow today for 10 neighbors (within 1 mile).
Funny thing was that I almost managed to do that in the same amount of time that it used to take sometimes for just a few spots using the bucket. Decided to leave the 8-70#'ers on the HH and see how that that works. The snow was great...never even had to hit the fun lever. I realize that if we get a doooooozy, I'll have to put the loader on. Someday, I might have a loader plow option. There is a rumor that CTA is working on a loader attachment plate. The best of both worlds. I'll be able to sell the QH and might break even. Stay safe out there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts