Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a barely used 647 tiller for $1500. It looks so nice that my salesman thought it was new stock until he looked at the stock #. Paint doesn't have a mark on it. The tines have a bit of dirt in them but no wear. How does the price sound to you experienced tiller guys?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That would about $300 more than how much you would pay for brand new 48" King Kutter or Landpride at TSC. I'm no expert, but that is still a premium price for a 48" tiller.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good considering new ones are 2400-2500.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I paid $13xx for my Hawkline gear drive 48" unit. The JD is twice that new. You can look on here and see what members from both sides love about their units. For my money I went with the Behlen built model as it was way cheaper. Having a JD unit that nice for that $$ would be hard to turn down though.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
That's $1000 less than I was quoted for a brand new 647 tiller back in May. It's also $500 less than my Landpride tiller was new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would be all over it.
And so I was!

Picked it up this afternoon and spent some time with it in my parent's garden. It seems to work great.

Thanks for all the helpful input from everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
And so I was!

Picked it up this afternoon and spent some time with it in my parent's garden. It seems to work great.

Thanks for all the helpful input from everyone!
You know on GTT we have a rule that states it didn't happen if you don't post pictures. :lol:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
That's a good looking "used" piece. I always seem to find "well-used"..... The 647 is a good tiller. Hope it works for many trouble free years for you!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a good looking "used" piece. I always seem to find "well-used"..... The 647 is a good tiller. Hope it works for many trouble free years for you!
Thanks! It looks to have been hardly used. I searched all summer for a decent looking used unit but everything I found appeared to be on the down side of its life cycle. I ran it for an hour or so and didn't see any issues.

·
Premium Member
15,051 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me . only $2-300 more than I paid for my Brush Hog about 8 yrs ago.

·
Super Moderator
8,198 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
And so I was!
Very clean looking Jim. Just curious tho. What are you growing in the garden in Nov.? Christmas trees?:yahoo: (Sorry, couldn't resist)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very clean looking Jim. Just curious tho. What are you growing in the garden in Nov.? Christmas trees?:yahoo: (Sorry, couldn't resist)
Well, odd as it may seem, I haven't put out a garden since I got divorced, 15 years ago. I wanted a tiller to help with some lawn projects around the house...and maybe for some sideline cash work with the tractor. The garden I was working in was at my parent's house. At 89, my father can no longer handle garden work, so I need to till it up and plant it in grass.

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I absolutely love my tiller for the same use in the yard you mentioned. Very slick!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts