Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, first post here. I just bought a used DT170 to mow my three acres after my previous mower gave up the ghost. I have mowed some of my property, in between the hurricane weather we've had here in central KY. I have three acres to mow, about half on a 14% maximum grade. This is the first belt drive mower I've owned and I was wondering: will it last on this type of grade? The tractor has only 378 hrs. now, and I haven't tackled the heavy stuff yet. What can I expect? Also, I had a look at the owners manual, only two shots of grease in the pulleys? Seems kind of minimalist to me. On the other hand, what I have mowed has been tackled with little problem, love the 54 inch deck and have had no issues with tractability. All opinions are welcome, thank you.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
It's just a lawn mower and with those grades it won't last long in those conditions.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Change the transmission fluid now and frequently there after. That transmission is going to hate life on a lawn that large and hilly.

Do everything you can to keep the housing clean and the cooling fan working.

What every you do don't pull carts or a rear bagger around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, it is a D170. And everyone is correct, it does NOT like my property. I'll have to keep searching, this one ain't gonna work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts