Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody happen to know of a place online to find good quality used hood parts? I purchased an LX277 yesterday and the only thing really wrong with it is the upper hood.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I just replaced the hood on my 345.The top is good it was the bottom that was bad.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Does anybody happen to know of a place online to find good quality used hood parts? I purchased an LX277 yesterday and the only thing really wrong with it is the upper hood.
Unfortunately the plastic/composite hoods are hard to find. Most suffered the same fate as yours. If they don't get destroyed from running them into something. It just happens from regular opening and closing.

Forget where I seen this posted. Someone was selling used JD parts and tractors. It stated right in the add not to call about used hoods. They couldn't even get enough good ones to fix up the tractors they were selling.

I guess that hoods are kind of like doors to an old Dodge pickup truck. I mentioned to a coworker that I was calling the junk yard next door to the bike shop. I wanted to see if they had any used taillights for my Wrangler. When I asked about a driver door for a 1999 Ram. The guy told me good luck. Most rusted out badly so it wasn't going to be an easy find.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts