Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a X530 with 250 hrs. , 54" deck w/power flow bagger , brush guard , cover , recent dealer service , for $4000 . I want this to upgrade from my 850 hr. L130 . It will be easier for my wife to use it with the power steering and power lift . This seems like a pretty good price to me . Am I thinking correctly ? Thanks for the input .:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
Sounds OK ,,but found this out the other day when daughters FIL was going to trade in his x585. Long story short, he bought it in 2005 ser #dealer says that the ser # tells it was made in 03. This means they was going to offer him $4500 when they thought it was a 2005 ,but now it is only worth $3000 for his trade.

Ask the dealer what year the machine is, then go to tractor house or some other sites see what they are selling for. Just knowing the year it was made can make a difference on the price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have found a X530 with 250 hrs. , 54" deck w/power flow bagger , brush guard , cover , recent dealer service , for $4000 . I want this to upgrade from my 850 hr. L130 . It will be easier for my wife to use it with the power steering and power lift . This seems like a pretty good price to me . Am I thinking correctly ? Thanks for the input .:greentractorride:

From one John Deere salesman to you, a brand new x530 without the bagger is $6299.00. The power flow bagger would be an additional $1200 new.

For $4000, I would say you are getting a great deal.

Brett
Sales Representative
Mutton Power Equipment

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From one John Deere salesman to you, a brand new x530 without the bagger is $6299.00. The power flow bagger would be an additional $1200 new.

For $4000, I would say you are getting a great deal.

Brett
Sales Representative
Mutton Power Equipment
It is a 2010 and it sounded good to me as well . I think I will pull the trigger and drive the our to look at it in person . Thanks for the reply .:gizmo:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
What are you waiting for?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the Trigger

Well 4K lighter in the wallet I am the proud owner of a new to me X530 . Previous owner said he would mail the manuals when he found them (he is moving) . I'm sure I will be tapping into the knowledge of this forum with a bunch of questions . One being , has anyone bypassed the RIO on this machine ?
Here's a few pics before I start taking stuff off to get familiar with it .:unknown:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Well 4K lighter in the wallet I am the proud owner of a new to me X530 . Previous owner said he would mail the manuals when he found them (he is moving) . I'm sure I will be tapping into the knowledge of this forum with a bunch of questions . One being , has anyone bypassed the RIO on this machine ?
Here's a few pics before I start taking stuff off to get familiar with it .:unknown:
Looks sweet. Did you get the bagger?
It is missing the pulley covers for the mower deck. Not that it's a big deal. I just jam my John Deere rubber key chain between the RIO switch & dash. That will hold the switch up.

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
It does look very nice, like H-D dealer dude stated you are missing the pulley covers on mower deck.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Already ordered

:gizmo: Yes it did come with the bagger , brush guard , and cover . I have already ordered the pulley covers and a few other odd and end parts .
Another question: Is the choke lever spring loaded ? The throttle will stay in place but the choke springs back to original position . Is this normal ? Thanks .:dunno:

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
:gizmo: Yes it did come with the bagger , brush guard , and cover . I have already ordered the pulley covers and a few other odd and end parts .
Another question: Is the choke lever spring loaded ? The throttle will stay in place but the choke springs back to original position . Is this normal ? Thanks .:dunno:
I 'm guessing on your choke question YES. The Gator had a choke and it was spring loaded. Good to hear you ordered the pulley covers. Did you remember the steering wheel spinner ?

Also if it has ROPs and don't want to mess with wiring , try fitting a wedge under the lever for the mower pto switch on dash.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I 'm guessing on your choke question YES. The Gator had a choke and it was spring loaded. Good to hear you ordered the pulley covers. Did you remember the steering wheel spinner ?

Also if it has ROPs and don't want to mess with wiring , try fitting a wedge under the lever for the mower pto switch on dash.

Whoops....RIO.

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
Whoops....RIO.
Had a brain fart... Senior moment , Dumb A_ _ attack .:hide: one or all 3 three. Still asleep, I was sleep typing,,,,yea that's it I was sleep typing.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

:banghead: DANGIT !!!! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
I have already ordered the pulley covers and a few other odd and end parts .
You will probably find that the original owner removed them for a reason. Most folks eventually remove the covers because they trap dirt and debris.

I clean my tractor and deck off with air after every use. I tried leaving my covers on but after a full season they were still packed with dirt and debris so I finally removed them. Now the pulleys and spindle areas stay clean.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I think you have to cut a hole in the right belt guard. This is to clear the top pulley for the power flow bagger drive. Might be why he removed them in the first place. Well besides collecting crap under them. After last years leaf assault mine were packed full. Thank God I don't have to deal with that again this year.
The choke lever is defiantly spring loaded.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
L130 Gone

Well spent the last few days replacing a few parts , including the pulley guards . It is now ready for the next season to begin . Sadly I have opted to pass along my reliable L130 to my daughter and son-in-law with the hope that they will take care of it as I did . I am attaching a few pics of my Deere stable before and after . :cray:

I will miss it !!!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts