Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at a used '14 Z655: 240hrs, Kawasaki FS730, TT TZT-7 Hydro, 54" HC, Suspension Seat (2 springs), separate Choke/Throttle

I'm mowing a bit over 2A of rolling bumpy fields (0-10deg), and wow, it was a ton faster and easier on me than using my 1026R w/ 60D deck.

I blew it down and wiped everything, mowed, and then left it on clean cardboard for several hours. It left a small (2"x1") stain (but no pooling) directly under the right hydro's drain plug. It otherwise seems to run clean and start easily. The mower seems move well, although it's a little fiddly to drive straight in reverse. It feels like the controls are stronger and more even in forward. Generally it is scuffed up a bit but looks solid and generally cared for. Oil in engine is mostly clean, Air filter similar. Blades are sharp and haven't hit anything to bend or chip them.

I don't see all that much about the Z655 and I was wondering if it's a solid model, if that hydro is repairable if needed, and if $2.9k is a good price for it? (or if I should keep looking)

Thanks,
Hunter

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m on the 4th season with my Z655. It’s a beast. I cut approx 3acres plus my neighbors, who seems allergic to lawn mowing. Sometimes his is rather tall and I’m amazed how it powers through with hardly a bog down.
For no other reason but the deck, if I had to do it again, I would buy a commercial model. No issues but a welded deck is more appealing to me.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,137 Posts
Sounds like a cheap price to me. :dunno:
Hydro motors and or pumps aren't cheap.
I like the commercial units also.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying =)

Just to close the loop: I wound up comparing this one with a couple year old Ferris IS700z and the Ferris just won me over. I decided to go with a new one (27hp B&S commercial, 61” ICD). Even without the fully independant suspension of the IS2100z, I was really impressed by the coil-over swing arm front suspension’s effectiveness at eating up bumps. Add that to the coil-over rear suspension (with a soft and spring loaded seat) and you get a really smoothed out ride. The ICD fabricated deck is a monster, in fact the whole thing is... it weighs over 1100lbs. But it’s nimble, and planted on hills, and feels really solid.

Thanks again,
Hunter

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 4 of 4 Posts