1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
That my friend was good, thanks.:good2:

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Cool ideas. Need to show them what a nail is ! (#30)

Good timing too. The rain head in our master shower is spraying funny. I have some CLR and have debated taking the head off and sitting it in a shallow pan of CLR or wiring an old plastic dish up in place.

#39. Plastic baggy. Duh ! I just went up and taped pulled plastic back up tight with 1/2 thing of CLR in it. Wrapped some masking tape around the bag in the upper pipe and it has a couple vertical inches of CLR !

Thanks for tips.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
That was good....BUT, it is my duty to inform you that #30 is a violation of the National Electric Code:laugh:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Two words - BACON PANCAKES!:good2:

Matt

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been doing numbers 28 and 38 for years.

Lots of cool tips. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#39. Plastic baggy. Duh ! I just went up and taped pulled plastic back up tight with 1/2 thing of CLR in it. Wrapped some masking tape around the bag in the upper pipe and it has a couple vertical inches of CLR !
How'd that work out?

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
How'd that work out?
Worked great. Left it on about an hour and removed baggy and dumped down drain and then rinsed everything well to make sure no CLR was left. Sprays like new again. Really amazing.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Worked great. Left it on about an hour and removed baggy and dumped down drain and then rinsed everything well to make sure no CLR was left. Sprays like new again. Really amazing.
Good deal!!!:good2:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've gotta try using the toothpaste to brighten up dull headlights. Had previously been using Kano Kroil.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Ehhhh.... I would be very careful about using toothpaste on any kind of plastic, headlights or anything else. Toothpaste contains pumice and that stuff comes from volcanoes and is abrasive. Of course I only speak from my experience gained 50 years ago ruining a pair of M/C goggles with Ipana toothpaste.

("Brush-a, brush-a, brush-a with the new Ipana... Let's all sing along with "Bucky Beaver"!):laugh:

I'd be inclined to use a clear lacquer type product as a filler on hazy headlight plastic rather than try and remove external haze by buffing with stone dust...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I hope you made up a batch of those bacon pancakes while you were waiting?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts