Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I recently purchased a set of landscape forks from Artillian. Wow, are they ever useful. My bucket has been getting a long break in the JD Room as I play with the forks. I've found them useful for:

1. Moving large brush piles.
2. Moving 500 lb. boulders.
3. Pulling up English Ivy vines.
4. Moving lawn furniture on my custom made (32" deep x 48" wide) pellets.
5. Moving logs.
6. Quickly lifting out unwanted shrubs.
7. Scaring my Schnauzer (she's afraid of anything that looks even remotely like a weapon).

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
42" makes a handy work bench...

View attachment 33386
Same here! Except if it's an all day project you have to start the tractor a few times to raise the forks back to working height thanks to JD's loader leak-down rate.

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
Guys,

I recently purchased a set of landscape forks from Artillian. Wow, are they ever useful. My bucket has been getting a long break in the JD Room as I play with the forks. I've found them useful for:

1. Moving large brush piles.
2. Moving 500 lb. boulders.
3. Pulling up English Ivy vines.
4. Moving lawn furniture on my custom made (32" deep x 48" wide) pellets.
5. Moving logs.
6. Quickly lifting out unwanted shrubs.
7. Scaring my Schnauzer (she's afraid of anything that looks even remotely like a weapon).
Actually, everything except #6 (and maybe #2) can be accomplished with the 42" forks. The 24" landscape forks really shine when you need to "leverage" something out with the curl function. You don't need them often but when you do, only the 24" will do.

Meanwhile, the 42" stay on the tractor 80% of the time. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
breaking hard ground up

·
Registered
65 Posts
Always surprise me how handy they can be.

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,203 Posts
You guys are spending my money I don't have to spare. I have other things I have to get first. :mad: :gaah::confused: Hooks are next on the list. You listening Kennyd? :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,316 Posts
You guys are spending my money I don't have to spare. I have other things I have to get first. :mad: :gaah::confused: Hooks are next on the list. You listening Kennyd? :thumbup1gif:
I'm listening...load and clear-5x5. Plenty in stock and ready to ship ;)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,119 Posts
Convincing others to spend money is our way of justifying the money we spend. Just Sayin!

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,119 Posts
OHHH...you mean forks! I was thinking something else. :lol:
So was I but decided to be a good boy and not mention it. Oh well!:lol:
Actually I think rgd was thinking the same and he does that stuff on purpose to get us in trouble. :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think rgd was thinking the same and he does that stuff on purpose to get us in trouble. :lol:
Hahaha...Giz if you are like me...neither of us need any help getting into trouble!!:mocking:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,119 Posts
Hahaha...Giz if you are like me...neither of us need any help getting into trouble!!:mocking:
True, But not to take the blame is like having a Master Card!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,203 Posts
Convincing others to spend money is our way of justifying the money we spend. Just Sayin!
I hear you Gizmo2 loud and clear! :laugh: But my wife might be looking for a new car. She already has the fridg., dish washer, stove, washer, dryer, me around 24-7, new car is all that is left. :confused: And I really need them hooks! :unknown:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts