Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a couple 16.9 x 28 tires for my 5310. The seller asked me if I wanted to keep the old one. Had not thought of it and didn't know what to tell him, so finally decided to have him haul them off, at $25 a tire cost. So, what do you do with old tires?

Charlie

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Pay to get rid of them :flag_of_truce:

Neighbor wanted some and I put her in touch with an area Farmer. She wanted them for her goats to play on. She wanted two, the Farmer had three and told her "all or none" Two she stacked. The third she buried about 1/3 in the ground standing up. They give her goats something to climb.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Not sure they are big enough but I have seen people cut tires half to use them as snow pushers or for mucking out barns. Just chain or strap them to the FEL.

This is a really big tire but gives you an idea of what I am talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP6tNSUC9BA

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You could fill them up with topsoil and make elevated garden beds out of them.:unknown:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
When I was a kid, our sandbox was a tractor tire.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I gave 2 to a lady that was starting some fitness program. If you have the space, I understand they don't burn black at night.:lol:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Oh, I dont know, Ive seen those guys too with a pile of tires behind the barn, but considering how much my little boy loves tractors, especially the green ones, an old tractor tire for a sand box would make him VERY happy.
And I generally dont give two hoots what others think, so theres that too, lol!

·
Registered
12,545 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
My FIL made a couple like this, but he used regular pickup tires.

I'm not sure what it'd take to roll a tractor tire inside out. :unknown:

View attachment 610602
They had a machine that would do it.
Of course, there are many "home remedy" solutions to do it as well.
Cut out one sidewall and then flip.

With the popularity of radials, the flipping decreased, as they didn't hold shape as well, and the cords posed a danger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We usually sell ours to the local road course for use in the impact barriers (I race, so I can just haul em when I go to the track) or we use bigger ones to put round bales on for the cows to keep em off the ground. Haven't had to pay to have a tire hauled off in all my life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts