Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an older generation 1025R w/ the 260A backhoe, my buddy is buying a new generation 1023E and was wondering if he’d be able to borrow my backhoe from time to time if he has the subframe and power beyond kit installed. The dealer told him the new 260B backhoe uses a different subframe so therefore wouldn’t be compatible, I assume he knows what he’s talking about but wanted to check in you folks before letting my buddy know (he hasn’t joined here yet). If the dealer is correct, is there any reason we couldn’t have the older generation subframe installed on his new gen 1 series so the 260A would work? I understand the seat issue but I don’t think that’s a big deal.

Thanks,

JR

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
20,067 Posts
I would think the dealer should be able to order the kit for the 260A and install it on his new 1023,, Yea seat would be issue ,because his would not turn,
I don't know if by just tilling the seat forward if he would have enough room to sit and operate the bh.

Again the dealer should be able to order that kit also..

and of course all for big bucks.. :D :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,784 Posts
The best way to confirm the brackets and the machine fitment would be to research it in the John Deere parts book. For example,

Here is the sub frame for a NEW 1023e
Rectangle Font Circle Screenshot Parallel

Here is the sub frame for the older series 1025r (2017 and older)
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

Note the differences in the kits and the parts included. I didn't dig any deeper, but there appears to be quite a difference between the two. Also, the older machines backhoe is going to be for the backhoe sold when the machine was built and not necessarily the newest backhoe, which would come on a new machine. In summary, I think the dealer is right........

·
Super Moderator
4,055 Posts
The older backhoe, the 260, uses a different sub-frame than the newer 260B uses and they are not interchangeable. They physically will not hook up to each other.

You're on the right track with the idea of mounting the 260 sub-frame on the newer tractor. I don't recall anyone posting whether the 260 kit will fit on a newer 1023, but it has been done on a 1025. Both newer tractor & older 260 backhoe, and vice-versa. If it can be done on the 1025, I'm sure it can be done on a 1023, but I make no guarantees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.