Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take my iMatch off to put on the post hole digger, and it was kind of a pain using the cotter pins that came stock with the 3 point pins. Anybody use small lynch pins instead? I was wondering if there was a good reason not to. It will make a quick hitch for the quick hitch.

·
Administrator
18,464 Posts
I have had the small sized lynch pins on my iMatch for 10 years probably.

·
Administrator
20,964 Posts
I bought hairpins at the dealer before I even installed mine. I'm not wrestling those large cotter pins anytime I need to take the iMatch off.:thumbup1gif:

hairpin.jpg

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
As soon as I got the iMatch I changed put in lynch pins. If you look in the picture you can see them.
And for those of you who don't have 3 hands, this dolly can help you put the iMatch on. Once it's resting on the dolly, you can swing it up with 1 hand to meet the lower draft arm. Use your other hand to pop in the pin. The higher wood on the back keeps the iMach from slipping off, the dolly moves to let the swing happen.
And when you take the iMatch off, it's easy to move around.

Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,464 Posts
Arlen, basically everyone is being polite and not saying that you are the only crazy fool left using those dreaded cotter pins:laugh::lol:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Arlen, basically everyone is being polite and not saying that you are the only crazy fool left using those dreaded cotter pins:laugh::lol:
Well if that's what we're saying, then I'm jumping in too! I don't use the dreaded cotter pins either. :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,043 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,043 Posts
Well if that's what we're saying, then I'm jumping in too! I don't use the dreaded cotter pins either. :laugh:
Yea sure!:lol:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm starting to get that impression. I don't like to rush into anything.:laugh: I did switch to the lynch pins. In my defense, it's the first time I had the iMatch off.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Using small lynch pins

I had to take my iMatch off to put on the post hole digger, and it was kind of a pain using the cotter pins that came stock with the 3 point pins. Anybody use small lynch pins instead? I was wondering if there was a good reason not to. It will make a quick hitch for the quick hitch.
Have been using the small lynch pins on the iMatch pins for 2-years... seem to work just fine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
mine has had the cotter pins for the 2 yrs I have owned it and I don't see the need to remove it EVER! so the Cotter pins work great for me!

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Have to remove the quick-hitch to put on the post hole digger.

I'm still around, just too busy. If I had any sense I'd get a job so I can only work 50 hours a week.

Pete

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been using the snap over pins with mine since 2011... I also added 2 washers to each side to take up unwanted slack... (Don't know if that's lynch pins or not?) Anyway, a lot easier to use them, the easiest thing to do is make all your accessories compatible if possible. I hate taking mine off because my chains are so close to the 3 point arms.... I've also had to take mine off for the post hole digger and for an old set of disc I bought... The disc will be converted...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts