Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what you folks have used for dump trailers behind your SCUTs and CUTs. I have a 2032r, and would like a trailer that I can haul maybe a couple thousand pounds of dirt, brush, or just about anything (whatever capacity is). Do any of you have ideas? It would be nice to get a beefy trailer that is meant for light dirt work. Something that I could fill up with the loader and then pull around. Or honestly maybe something i can pull behind my wife's suv and load with my H130 loader.

Please post suggestions!

Thank you,

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
My tilt trailer,,,

I was hauling firewood with it this week,,, for a neighbor,,,

4X8 is A L L the trailer the 650 could pull out of the wet woods,,, with about a cord of wood on it,,,

A 4" tall root was the worst issue,,, it flat stopped the trailer

A running start one gear higher got the trailer over the root.

To unload the wood,,, I tilted the bed, and "jerked" it,, over half the wood unloaded,,,

If you want to dump dirt,, the trailer is gonna need to be MUCH higher,,,

·
Super Moderator
5,214 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,797 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Premium Member
12,797 Posts
I too would love to have something like that. Currently I pull my 5 x 10 landscape trailer behind my 2720 and at times I have had it loaded higher than I can reach with brush and tree limbs. The down side is that when I get to the refuse location I have to unload it by hand. I would LOVE to have some kind of small dump trailer. My vehicle is a Toyota Highlander so I have to stick with something that I can tow on the road and is less than 5000 lbs.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm wondering what you folks have used for dump trailers behind your SCUTs and CUTs. I have a 2032r, and would like a trailer that I can haul maybe a couple thousand pounds of dirt, brush, or just about anything (whatever capacity is). Do any of you have ideas? It would be nice to get a beefy trailer that is meant for light dirt work. Something that I could fill up with the loader and then pull around. Or honestly maybe something i can pull behind my wife's suv and load with my H130 loader.

Please post suggestions!

Thank you,
Hi there:

I purchased the following trailer and couldn't be happier. Was looking for a heavy duty, well built dump trailer. Check this out:

Taylor Pittsburgh Field General 1.5 Ton Dump Trailer 4000-1.5T-MP by Taylor Pittsburgh Manufacturin for $2,239.97 in Misc. Equipment - 3 Point Utility Equipment - 3 Point Equipment & Accessories - Agriculture : Rural King

I paid a reasonable delivery charge and got it jd green. I can manually pump hydraulic or use my 3rd svc. I use a 61" bucket, prefect size for loading.

Good luck, Brian

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
9,831 Posts
I too would love to have something like that. Currently I pull my 5 x 10 landscape trailer behind my 2720 and at times I have had it loaded higher than I can reach with brush and tree limbs. The down side is that when I get to the refuse location I have to unload it by hand. I would LOVE to have some kind of small dump trailer. My vehicle is a Toyota Highlander so I have to stick with something that I can tow on the road and is less than 5000 lbs.
A dump trailer would be nice but it is something that I don't have (yet).

When I am moving brush with my utility trailer I tie a rope to the back of the empty trailer and lay it across the bed to the front, and then load the brush on top of the rope.

When I get to the brush pile I throw the rope back over the pile and tie it off to a tree or stake and then pull forward. Pick up the rope and use the FEL to push the load into the pile.

A couple times I have used my big trailer and I lay the rope(s) sideways across the bed. If it is light brush, you can pull it off by hand.

It looks like there are several options for dump trailers out there. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,831 Posts
The ramps look like they would need some kind of "traction" added!
They do look a little slick. It looks like the "ramps" are also the front and rear of the trailer box. Kind of a neat idea.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I love my trailer, I use it all the time for a lot of things. It is a 5 x 8 and is rated at 2200 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,099 Posts
I'd love one of these.
Wagons & Trailers
I like 4 wheels. A true wagon.
For pulling around behind my small tractor on my small property one of these would be perfect!

What I like about the 4 wheel wagon design is that it is easy to load with the tractor not attached. I would only use something like this being loaded with my tractor loader - then hook up to take to a dumping area.

Bookmarked for further drooling.......

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'd love one of these.
Wagons & Trailers
I like 4 wheels. A true wagon.
I like four wheels too, and even though I can easily back a 4-wheel wagon, you can have it! I'll take a walking tandem axle cart!

Wish I could post links with my tablet! I bought a PRONOVOST P-503 about nine years ago. Lightly used and in great shape. The walking tandems really smooth out the ride for whatever your hauling. Pile on the brush and fly across the yard and none of the load bounces off.

Prior owner of my trailer added 5/4" X 6" sideboards to my trailer on top of the 12" sides and I regularly haul full loads of crushed rock or heaped loads of dirt. Two-way Tailgate is a nice feature, unlatches and drops down like a pickup or unlatches and swings out at the bottom like a dump truck. All the sideboards remove for using as a flatbed by removing only four 3/8" X 2" bolts in about two minutes. 3" X10" 2-way hyd cylinder dumps the loaded trailer easily.

Been looking at these trailers for years, sure glad I found this one! Pronovost makes off-road and on-road trailers in 3000#, 5000#, 8000#, 10,000#, 16,000#, & 24,000# capacities. Some even quickly convert from rear dump to side dumping on either side.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
They do look a little slick. It looks like the "ramps" are also the front and rear of the trailer box. Kind of a neat idea.
Just do not load the GT if it is raining,,, :dunno:

:laugh:

The tailgate ramp trailer is the first I have seen like that,,,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi there:

I purchased the following trailer and couldn't be happier. Was looking for a heavy duty, well built dump trailer. Check this out:

Taylor Pittsburgh Field General 1.5 Ton Dump Trailer 4000-1.5T-MP by Taylor Pittsburgh Manufacturin for $2,239.97 in Misc. Equipment - 3 Point Utility Equipment - 3 Point Equipment & Accessories - Agriculture : Rural King

I paid a reasonable delivery charge and got it jd green. I can manually pump hydraulic or use my 3rd svc. I use a 61" bucket, prefect size for loading.

Good luck, Brian
Comes with 2" ball hitch and swivel clevis. Independent suspension and tube steel frame USA! Prefect size for your 2032r. Also available under many other names and northern tool.

Will attempt to attach a picture again here. Yea, mission accomplished.

However, not meant for speeds over 20 MPH.

Attachments

·
Banned
419 Posts
dump trailer

This is a Holland dump trailer. I used one at the cemetery for years before went to a motorized dumper that we could plow with as well. Was very easy to work with. went I started the one that was there had a hand pimp to operate it and I changed to a electric over hydraulic and plugged into the tractor. We needed it on 2 different tractors and one not having a hydraulic system on it that worked. It was for pulling only. They carry a lot and do not rut up the ground as they are designed for cemetery use.

Dump Trailers > Heavy Duty Dump and Side Dump Trailers | Holland Supply Inc.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Comes with 2" ball hitch and swivel clevis. Independent suspension and tube steel frame USA! Prefect size for your 2032r. Also available under many other names and northern tool.

Will attempt to attach a picture again here. Yea, mission accomplished.

However, not meant for speeds over 20 MPH.
:
:thumbup1gif

1 - 20 of 24 Posts