Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to rebuild my 14' utility trailer rather then buy a new one.

My trailer had been well used. The ramp gate was bent, the back two trailer cross members were bent, the 2 x 6 floor was pretty much shot, the wiring was patched and the paint was bad.

As you can see, it was time for a new one or a rebuild. It would be nice to have a 16' long trailer but the 14' footer works pretty well.

New: wiring; breakaway battery system; truck connector pigtail; LED Lights; springs, shackles and U-bolts; brakes all checked, cleaned and bearings repacked; 2 x 6 floor; rebuilt ramp gate with truss stiffeners; two new rear cross-members; redesigned attaching hinge; paint and lots of work.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks darn nice Ray :good2: and more rugged than it was before.
Yea, its one of them "built by "TWF" (and quite poorly I might add), rebuilt by Ray!! haha

I can honestly say, if anyone is in the market for a trailer, do not buy a TWF, they are pretty bad!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Looks real nice. You do good work. Thought about getting a trailer for my 1025R, but decided if I do,# I won't get any work done around here with all the new found friends since the John Deere arrived :laugh: maybe next year

·
Premium Member
12,592 Posts
Yea, its one of them "built by "TWF" (and quite poorly I might add), rebuilt by Ray!! haha

I can honestly say, if anyone is in the market for a trailer, do not buy a TWF, they are pretty bad!!
I actually have been looking at trailers, thanks for the heads up. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
Nice work on the trailer rebuild Ray! It's better than new. You know what you've got and saved a bunch of :gizmo: :good2:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Nice work man!

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice job, love those Gorilla lifts, they're really great for a heavy tailgate.
Yea, I actually put them on about two years ago. They are great and they work really nice. I can lift this gate with one arm.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
NICE JOB on the trailer!! :good2:

I need to re-do the lights on mine. I have the stuff - going to replace the original ones with LEDs. Just need to find the time. Ain't that the way it always is? :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts