Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that this is not a ad for my JD 200CX loader.
I am contemplating selling my 200CX loader from my JD 2305 tractor. I am seeking input about the value of this attachment. To gage the value of this loader, it is like new, used very little. Reason to sell is that I am not seeing any future projects that will require a loader attachment on this property. Second reason is to have both vehicles in the garage this winter and future winters. :good2:
Thanks

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
They sell/sold for a bit over 3K IIRC, so I'd say 2K is a fair price.

Also be forewarned that selling/trading your tractor in the future with no loader dramatically reduces it's monetary value and desire in the marketplace-much more than 2K in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I would say just over 2k. I just added a H120 loader to my 1026R. Paid 3k for it on the skid. I looked into other brands of new loaders and found them to be priced higher than the JD which surprised me. I did find a used H120 out of state for $2700.

You could store the loader outside. I may end up doing that with mine this winter as I am running out of room. Put a tarp over it to keep the hoses and cylinders out of the weather and it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
9,121 Posts

Also be forewarned that selling/trading your tractor in the future with no loader dramatically reduces it's monetary value and desire in the marketplace-much more than 2K in my opinion.
:good2:

I had a 2305 purchased without a loader....:banghead:

I would have dropped $2K and snagged your loader so fast that the stickers would still be in the air.

As for the market value of a 2305 without a loader..... I agree with KennyD 100%. You'll take a bath. I'm still tasting the soap! :banghead:

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you do not need or use the loader are you going to downsize the tractor? If you are just mowing I would think an X7XX would be a good fit if so trade the 2305 w/loader.

Doug

·
Registered
719 Posts
Nothing new to offer but to reinforce what others have said. I agree that the loader is worth $2k to someone with a 2305 and no loader. However, the 2305 is now 5-10 years old and you may not have people beating down your door. I don't use my loader often, but when I need it I wouldn't want to be without it. Consider selling/trading as a unit and moving to a machine without a loader.

I do agree with your sentiment, though, the loader really does eat up a lot of storage space. I park my tractor inside the loader arms but still find the unhooked loader to be quite a nuisance.

Lee

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts

I have to agree with Kenny on this. A few weeks ago, I traded in a 1026R with a 60 inch deck, h120 loader & 240 hours. At the time of the trade, the dealer also had a used 1025R with just a 60 inch deck & 110 hours on their lot. My 1026R sold in less than a week for $2000 more than the were asking for the 1025R. They still have the 1025R on their lot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay guys, you have persuaded me to not to sell my loader. Sorry if I drew any interest in buying one for their JD 2305 tractor.
In the past I have owned several John Deere 400 series garden tractors. One was a 455 with loader with full options. As nice as that machine was, it still did not fulfill my needs. So, several years ago, I sold all my garden tractors. I went searching for a John Deere that I thought would fulfill my needs. I purchased a low hour JD 2305. For my needs, the tractor is a perfect fit.
Thanks for the input.
Regards

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Loader = backsaver......always nice to have when you need it......even if only once in awhile......especially as time marches on

My .02$

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealer I found had a new 4110 with no attachments. Checking other dealers I couldn't pass up the discount they gave me. The sales person stated they would find a 60 " MMM for this unit at a good used price. I ended up with a demo mower for a little over a grand. I built a loader ( total cost under $800.00 ) and a PTO operated vacuum plus a metal cab. I did find a 60" snow blower two years old barely used for $1200.I have found JD to be good equipment but their attachments seem to be priced with the gold standard in mind. Five gallons of transmission oil, $105.00 and I think the filter was around $40.00. This is my third SCUT and hopefully the last new purchase.
Getting back to the loader I built it from tube steel and 1/8" metal for the bucket. It has a quick pin on bucket as well as forks. The surplus Center had a great deal on the cylinders I purchased. The steel was all left over material.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts