Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, senility has struck again, first it was PK, now this: :banghead: Tractors 2018 003.jpg Tractors 2018 004.jpg

Supposed to be a 1958, serial number is painted over, so I'll check for sure later. Needs the seat frame repaired, seller chopped it up & welded on a pan seat, I have the parts. Air cleaner & drawbar are missing. Overall, it is pretty straight, runs good, no excessive noises. Tires aren't the best, but will do for now.

I'm sure I'll get some flack from a certain party at the south end of the big river over this, but that's OK! :mockery: :lolol:

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Lowell, you may already have this.

Cub Lo-Boy years/serial number

1955: 501

1956: 2555
1957: 3929
1958: 6582
1959: 10567
1960: 12371
1961: 13904
1962: 15506
1963: 16440
1964: 17927
1965: 19406
1966: 21176
1967: 23115
1968: 24481
Final: 26007

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Looks nice. I could tell you stories about using the Cubs in Farmall plant. On second shift it was wild tines. Several times Cubs on their side we would use fork trucks to upright them. Even saw on go in the Sylvan Slough behind the plant.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Well, senility has struck again, first it was PK, now this: :banghead:

Supposed to be a 1958, serial number is painted over, so I'll check for sure later. Needs the seat frame repaired, seller chopped it up & welded on a pan seat, I have the parts. Air cleaner & drawbar are missing. Overall, it is pretty straight, runs good, no excessive noises. Tires aren't the best, but will do for now.

I'm sure I'll get some flack from a certain party at the south end of the big river over this, but that's OK! :mockery: :lolol:
How could he not like that?

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is is beautiful shape!! I love it!!

I only wish my Cub looked 1/10th that good.

But I am a little confused. Did you buy that at Lowes??? I don't think that our Lowes stocks old Cubs. :dunno: :laugh:
It's not as nice as the pictures show, rattle can refurb job, but it is sound!

Took the pics at a Lowes pit stop, since I knew it would be dark by the time we got home, 250 mile round trip.

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
Nice Lowell! I always thought those belly mowers were neat. There are several to be seen around here still on active mowing duty. You're putting that trailer to good use!:good2:

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
:bigthumb: nice find there-greenspot110:good2: boy i would of bought me one of them kind -but yrs back when i tried climbing aboard one kinda like that-i ran into trouble. so i've stayed away from them.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:bigthumb: nice find there-greenspot110:good2: boy i would of bought me one of them kind -but yrs back when i tried climbing aboard one kinda like that-i ran into trouble. so i've stayed away from them.
I took the belly mower off this afternoon, probably won't use it since I have the 755. Going to make a step to help getting on/off the Cub, they're not the handiest tractors I've been on!

Nice Lowell! I always thought those belly mowers were neat. There are several to be seen around here still on active mowing duty. You're putting that trailer to good use!:good2:
Thanks! Just hope I didn't jinx the trailer hauling a red tractor as the first load! :lol:

Took it for a spin after taking the deck off: Tractors 2018 005.jpg

·
Registered
21,428 Posts
I took the belly mower off this afternoon, probably won't use it since I have the 755. Going to make a step to help getting on/off the Cub, they're not the handiest tractors I've been on!

Thanks! Just hope I didn't jinx the trailer hauling a red tractor as the first load! :lol:

Took it for a spin after taking the deck off: View attachment 580593
You look like you belong on that tractor Lowell - like an advertisement brochure.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,404 Posts
Well, senility has struck again, first it was PK, now this: :banghead: View attachment 580233 View attachment 580241

How the heck did I miss this thread when it was first put up.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Now ya hitting on all eight four Lowell!! :laugh:

Way, way better looking than mine, this may get me off my butt and start fixing it up. :good2:

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rebuilt the seat frame for Cubby, seller had taken a cutting torch to it & welded on an old Ferguson pan seat. :banghead: He'd cut the front & back angle irons, so I cut & welded new angles in at the corners. Will have to wait until the new cushions come next week to weld on the tabs that hold the seat back. Also welded up a step under the brake pedals.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,404 Posts
Rebuilt the seat frame for Cubby, seller had taken a cutting torch to it & welded on an old Ferguson pan seat. :banghead: He'd cut the front & back angle irons, so I cut & welded new angles in at the corners. Will have to wait until the new cushions come next week to weld on the tabs that hold the seat back. Also welded up a step under the brake pedals.
:good2: That floor plate is up there ain't it. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got Cubby's serial number plate removed this morning & cleaned enough paint off to read the number. Looks like it's a 1961 instead of the '58 it was sold to me as, no big deal, just glad the plate is there!

Doesn't look like I'll be doing much outside this week, need to fix the leaking front tire & maybe paint the front rims. Seat cushions, manuals & drawbar should be here this week sometime.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any suggestions on cleaning paint off the serial number tag without destroying the original printing?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts