Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the first things I am considering doing to my 1025R is to change the tires over to Versa Turfs. I looked up a previous thread on the topic but the last response was two months ago. I've called around the area and gotten some pricing locally, but was wondering that since they have been out for a while, what are people's thoughts on them after using them for a while? What kind of prices are people paying for a set of four? The best price I have found so far is a bit under $500 out the door. Is everyone still thinking they are as great as the early reports suggested? Has anyone run into any problems with them after putting some hours on them?

As always, thank you all for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Still love mine... great traction in snow
I live in sloping area and do not have a golf course lawn so I am much happier than with the old turfs
They ride better as well

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,213 Posts
VersaTurf's are awesome! You won't be disappointed.

Reactions: kenguy and Runnikee

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I will likely end up with them or the R14Ts on all my tractor at some point. I find them much better then in every way over an R4 or normal turf tire.

Reactions: 2032RJD and fdmars

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
love them while I had my 2016 1025. First thing I did when I got my new 2018 1025 was put them on it. when I bought them they were 300$ for tires and 410$ for rims from Deere and 18$ to have them mounted. When I traded my 2016 for the 2018 I put the R4s back on, my 2018 had turf tires that I sold for 500$ in a flash. so I ended up with 200$ in the set. now my son has it and loves the versa turffs

Reactions: Runnikee

·
Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
45 Posts
Pretty sure TTWT loves them and said he wishes they made Verse-Turfs for the larger 2 series

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty sure TTWT loves them and said he wishes they made Verse-Turfs for the larger 2 series
I thought I noticed in a recent video he had them on the rears but not the front. I could be wrong. I remember when he first put them on his 1025 that they couldn't get the fronts for some reason. Maybe they just never saw the need for the fronts or forgot about them?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was looking into the versa turfs for my 1025R and contacted my dealer. His reply:

John Deere now has the wheel and tire combo available.
Rear set BXX10270 is 488.40
Front set is BXX10271 at 355.30

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Every thing I’ve read so far on the forum has been positive re: Versa Turfs. I have to see if my dealer sells them and will change tires. I can just order them but don’t know if any tire shop near me will change tires on tractor rims.

Reactions: wentonbrown

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,213 Posts
I was looking into the versa turfs for my 1025R and contacted my dealer. His reply:

John Deere now has the wheel and tire combo available.
Rear set BXX10270 is 488.40
Front set is BXX10271 at 355.30
I bought 2 fronts, 2 rears, and a set of wheels for less than $600 back in November. Tires were bought through www.simpletire.com. Wheels were bought on eBay (seller mowerpartsgroup) and Amazon (Mower Parts Group). I think front and rear wheels are now available on their eBay store.

Reactions: GreenPowerNow

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,213 Posts
I can just order them but don’t know if any tire shop near me will change tires on tractor rims.
Doesn't hurt to ask. Most dealers use a local tire shop so you can possibly ask for a recommendation.

Reactions: Firemark

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
The tread pattern is not as important as the fact that they are radials. They ride so much better and I do think they are easier on turf than the R4s.

Someone correct me, but the R14s are not radials, correct? Seems like some people refer to them as equivalent to the versa turfs, but the stuff I have found say they are bias.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,213 Posts
Someone correct me, but the R14s are not radials, correct? Seems like some people refer to them as equivalent to the versa turfs, but the stuff I have found say they are bias.
My understanding is that the smaller sizes are bias ply.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
226 Posts
The tread pattern is not as important as the fact that they are radials. They ride so much better and I do think they are easier on turf than the R4s.

I believe I have the larger size R14T's, 17.5 x 24 On my 4700.
They are Not Radials according to all my reading (including goodyear's datasheet).

They did work fine this winter, but I didn't actually use them much yet. My biggest hill with 8 inches of new snow and there was absolutely zero slippage.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My dealer went to his tire supplier in March of last year so that my 1023 would have Versaturfs on it when delivered, even though Deere was not putting them on new equipment at the time.. I've put them through hell under some tough conditions and found they are very, very good in snow and can't be beat when backing out of holes or backing up while loading. Any type of ground is a piece of cake. And that's based on more than 50 years driving ttractors.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I thought I noticed in a recent video he had them on the rears but not the front. I could be wrong. I remember when he first put them on his 1025 that they couldn't get the fronts for some reason. Maybe they just never saw the need for the fronts or forgot about them?
A few months back, I asked him this question on Youtube. Tim told me it was simply because he hadn't had the time to do them.

I switched from R4 to VersaTurfs on my 1025r.

Traction - Better, all surfaces

Snow - 10x better
I went from 500 lbs ballast to 250 and have better traction than I used to on snow / ice

Loader - No issues when fully loaded.
The tires don't suffer at all from weight issues like I thought they might.

Backhoe - No issues

Side-Slopes - Better grip, less pucker factor

Mowing - Does dig in a bit more if you turn tight. You just gotta think a little about the ground.

The tires grip so amazingly well, I can't believe I ever had R4s.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Got mine on eBay tires only for about $470
Went to commercial tire dealer to get them swapped over, they saved the rim guard and reused.... biggest issue with getting them mounted is a tire store that deals with fluid filled tires

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I would love to find shootout comparison review of the R14T vs the Galaxy Garden pro3 /Carlisle versa turf radials.
I am cross shopping the 2 right now for my 5115M , I have the versa turf/galaxy garden pro's on my X758 and 2025R.
Would love know some real world feedback comparing these two tread designs. Both are hybrid turf radials. The Goodyear/Titan R14T looks a little more aggressive might not be a easy on the grass as the others.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,213 Posts
I would love to find shootout comparison review of the R14T vs the Galaxy Garden pro3 /Carlisle versa turf radials.
I am cross shopping the 2 right now for my 5015M, I have the versa turf/galaxy garden pro's on my X758 and 2025R.
Would love know some real world feedback comparing these two tread designs. Both are hybrid turf radials. The Goodyear/Titan R14T looks a little more aggressive might not be a easy on the grass as the others.
Are you really going to use the 5015M as a grass machine? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Are you really going to use the 5015M as a grass machine? :unsure:
Well I don't really have much if any field work for it, it will be moving around all over my property finished yard included which all of it is mostly grass land, other then the ponds.
It may see a little mud from time to time as well.

But the galaxy hybrid turfs on the 2025R were in some serious mud all day Saturday and did just fine.

The 5115M was mainly added to stable for its loader lift height and lift capacity.
If need be I would not mind putting the batwing behind it, provided it was not setting on the Ag tires it came with.

At some point, maybe in a year or two, I may want to get rid of one of my 4 Series machines, which would really increase the odds of the 5115M needing to do some mowing.

Goodworks is running the R14Ts on his 4066R, I have not seen anyone with the galaxy garden pro3s on a 4066R or larger tractors but seems they now have those sizes.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts