Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around last week in my RZR XP 900 and I have it a touch of gas when I went over the crushed concrete drive. I went back out the next day to see it spun up some of the rocks and I found a rock with wire in it. Joking, I said to my wife that the wire probably punctures the tire. We both laughed. Well, last night i wento out to hunt and I have a flat rear tire. It is a very small puncture ar it too a long time to leak down.

Bring so small, it makes me wonder if its worth trying to use the pucture repair kit as I do not think it will fit in the hole? I was thinking of taking it to discount tire and having them break it down and put a patch on it. I am trying to avoid slime as this thing does 70 mph plus and I do not want unbalanced tires.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
A tire plug kit has the reamer in it. Put a plug in it and be done. The reamer will be tight at first, but you can get it.

A patch will also work but will throw the balance of the tire way off. Not to mention more expensive than a plug.

·
Premium Member
7,511 Posts
Not that I am reccomending Slime, it would actually help balance the tire as it spins.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, so far I am having a hell of a time finding the hole...LOL...

My fear on this machine with slime is that it might bunch up in one spot over time. This machine is used once or twice a month. When its used, I run a circular motocross track with it. I would hate to have the outside tire out of balance and grab when spinning and flip me over. I have had way too many close calls slidding it sideways in my alfalfa field to risk it........ Maybe I am over thinking it.... But...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I run Slime in my ATV tires. I wouldnt put it in a car tire, but it seems to work fine on atvs. I was always haveing flat tires on my atv til I put the slime in, havnt had in years. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Plug it!

Just for information sake: Not sure about "Slime" brand, but some hydro-seal products are very corrosive to rims! When I bought my 83-420, it had a slow leak in one front tire, when I took the tire off to replace it, I found this mess. A pencil-lead sized hole in the rim plugged with rust. After cleaning the rim, I epoxied the hole, painted the rim & installed tubes (which I needed anyway for the V61 tires.

I have no idea what brand of hydro-seal was used. ~~ Lowell

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Brian,

Here is a very inexpensive option. I believe if you start at the beginning of that post, it was first suggested by someone running quads in the dessert. I have done this to both a rear and front tire on my Simplicity rider along with the two fronts on my FIL's rider and all are still holding air after 1 year.

Not saying it will work for everyone, but for a couple of bucks it is worth the try.

Laundry starch in tubeless tires? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts