Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video from north-central Kansas that you might find interesting. This is our family's wheat harvest, and this year my father-in-law got out his first combine, a 1959 John Deere 55, to run with the newer combines (there's a red one in there too). It's a long video, but if you take the time to watch it you'll see some beautiful views of Kansas and our harvest.

Doug A

·
Registered
520 Posts
Incredible video. Some real talent planning and putting that together.

·
Registered
21,203 Posts
What an awesome thing to watch with my morning coffee! I actually stopped before the half way point so I can watch the whole thing on my TV screen later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What an awesome thing to watch with my morning coffee! I actually stopped before the half way point so I can watch the whole thing on my TV screen later.
Thank you! It does look great on a big screen. We showed all 4 years of harvest videos in a local theater for the 2015 premiere, and it was a lot of fun.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
Love it!!! Great job by all involved! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
21,203 Posts
Thank you! It does look great on a big screen. We showed all 4 years of harvest videos in a local theater for the 2015 premiere, and it was a lot of fun.
I am assuming this video was professionally done. Even without know the cost I think something like this was well worth it to capture the legacy of your farm.

I've always dreamed of owning a large farm but that time has passed for me - so now I just enjoy seeing things like this. Your video was no different than reading a great book for me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice video,

Hopefully you have a great harvest.

This is my favorite time of year and I love being in the middle of Wheat country and watching all the combines going by our house and out in the fields in formation. It is a rare sight anymore to see less than 4 combines in a field.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great video now we'll all want combines thanks

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Doug A,

A great video and tribute to your family farming. Absolutely what it is all about.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Thanks for sharing an absolute delight. Now I want to see all that went into getting those fields to that point from early spring. Thank You

·
Registered
571 Posts
Well done. But . . . there's a red machine in there.

Must be a transcient interloper. :usa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts