Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, haven't been on the site lately. Anyway I bought a WR Long OBG2 64' open bottom grapple a couple of months ago and I've now put about 25 hours on the grapple. Wow, wow, wow. And I thought my pallet forks were handy :bigthumb:. I always hated trimming my live oaks because it was such a hassle pulling and pushing the brush with the bucket. Tree trimming is now fun 'cause I get use the grapple.

Video here.

I have several still images I'll post later today. I'm a very happy camper with the WR Long grapple. I have their tooth bar and I was impressed with the quality of it and the grapple is very well put together.

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts
Very nice John. Having a grapple sure changes the way you can work :good2:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yessir Kenny! Here's a few images of the install.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That thing is a monster! I have the WR Long 3rd function valve for my Artillian Grapple and like their set up. The business end of the grapple looks tough. Nice set up. You will probably wonder how you survived without a grapple after a while. I know I do. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been very pleased with the grapple, I think Long has an excellent design and really good build quality. I didn't want to make a post here until I put quite a few hours on it, so I've given it a real workout. I did manage to slightly bend one of the plate tips so the hydraulics are plenty powerful. I noticed every moving joint has zerk fittings which is another plus.

The 64" width is perfect, I didn't want it too wide for maneuvering around trees but wide enough to useful. After doing a bunch of research I decided on the open bottom and that was the right choice. Some smaller stuff will fall through the bottom, I thought about adding more vertical plates but I dropped that idea.

I've used the grapple for a bunch of different chores, it's my most valuable implement by far :good2:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey all, haven't been on the site lately. Anyway I bought a WR Long OBG2 64' open bottom grapple a couple of months ago and I've now put about 25 hours on the grapple. Wow, wow, wow. And I thought my pallet forks were handy :bigthumb:. I always hated trimming my live oaks because it was such a hassle pulling and pushing the brush with the bucket. Tree trimming is now fun 'cause I get use the grapple.

Video here.

I have several still images I'll post later today. I'm a very happy camper with the WR Long grapple. I have their tooth bar and I was impressed with the quality of it and the grapple is very well put together.
Nice video. Yup...the grapple was my best purchase so far. So, who did the install? Did you use Ag-Pro in Seguin?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice video. Yup...the grapple was my best purchase so far. So, who did the install? Did you use Ag-Pro in Seguin?
We're in the Kerrville/Fredericksburg area out in ranch country. Ranchers ATV & Equipment in Kerrville did the install - they were the closest WR Long dealer. Also bought the Long toothbar from them. Ranchers is the local Bobcat dealer. My 4720 was the only green machine in a sea of white equipment :)

Reactions: DeereWimberley

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all!
I’m thinking about purchasing an AV20F and I would like to know your preference where you would go for the power source. I saw a video where you can plug it in the cigarette lighter socket or wire it straight to the fuse box. One other request, who has a videos of someone installing the AV20F on a JD 1025R?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi and welcome. I would start a new thread instead of replying to this old one,

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Yup, that new garage is starting to look small....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts