Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think you will enjoy meeting my dad. He is a very special guy. 85 years old, and loving harvest as much as ever.

We'll have one or two more from this trip. Would love to hear your feedback.

Tim

·
Administrator
17,117 Posts
Wow Tim, very educational! It was great to see your dad working and still loving it!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Great video Tim, of you and your dad spending time together. Glad I got to meet him and some of your family members earlier this year.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Nice video Tim. Is this in Indiana?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks for sharing. :thumbup1gif:

I haven't been in a combine since the mid 90s and that was a 9500 series. At that time 150BPA was considered excellent corn where I live.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for sharing. :thumbup1gif:

I haven't been in a combine since the mid 90s and that was a 9500 series. At that time 150BPA was considered excellent corn where I live.
150 bu/ac is still good yield for most of our family farm.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Southeastern Illinois.
Thanks Tim. I got interrupted when I was watching the video. I just watched it again, this time to the end.

I have been away from the farm over forty years. Your video made me miss being on the farm for the first time in thirty nine years.
You have a great Dad.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I think this is my favorite video that you have produced yet. (Even though Katriel wasn't narrating, but don't tell her I said that.)
Your father looked like the wind could have blown him over when he was climbing the combine but once he was in the seat he certainly demonstrated expert operation and looked like he could drive all day.
You showed many interesting things in this video, not the least was the bond you share. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Tim. I got interrupted when I was watching the video. I just watched it again, this time to the end.

I have been away from the farm over forty years. Your video made me miss being on the farm for the first time in thirty nine years.
You have a great Dad.
Thank you, Chris. Indeed, my dad is an amazing man. I appreciate your comment very much!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think this is my favorite video that you have produced yet. (Even though Katriel wasn't narrating, but don't tell her I said that.)
Your father looked like the wind could have blown him over when he was climbing the combine but once he was in the seat he certainly demonstrated expert operation and looked like he could drive all day.
You showed many interesting things in this video, not the least was the bond you share. Thank you.
His legs are so weak now that he can hardly get up into the combine. We left all of that segment in to show his determination. It amazes me how much he enjoys it, even though he doesn't feel up to it at all.

I really appreciate your comment. ...and Katriel will get over it!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Second in the series...trip to the elevator. Truck driver (my brother) never even leaves his truck seat.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Tim, thanks for taking the time to video and explain what goes into harvesting corn. Most people have no idea what it takes to be a farmer, on any scale.

Your father is pretty amazing for being 85 years old.:good2: Looks like he's surrounded by a good family too!:good2:

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Two great videos Tim . . . I've now watched them both start to finish.

The videos bring back good memories of when I was in grade school and went to my uncle Pete's farm in Kinsman Illinois for a day or two. He was a hard working farmer, you had to be to make it. My dad would say if they had lights on tractors Pete would work all night. :laugh:

Pete farmed with his brother Jack and later they became the Baudino Bros there in Kinsman.

Great memories of times gone by, thank you again . . .

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Thanks Tim. Fascinating!:good2:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts