Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
That looks like it does a great job. I used to plow at a school system that used them on their sidewalks. How much do those things run roughly, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like it does a great job. I used to plow at a school system that used them on their sidewalks. How much do those things run roughly, if you don't mind me asking?
I had the buy the broom, front bearing pto kit, pto shaft, quick attach with both angle kit and lift it was all 3850.

I got a rear 3pt frontier snowblower plus a front quick attach plow will be my regular snow setup, just want to try the broom it works wonder on today’s 3” snow.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
GREAT video!! I love how it gets all the way down to the surface!

Every now and then I'll see an old power broom for a walk behind Gravely (of which I own two). One of these days I might pick one up. For now though, for the small snowfalls that seem to be the norm around here these days, I'll just use my little single-stage Toro snow blower. If we ever get any real measurable snow, I'll break out my tractor. :good2: I haven't had to (or gotten to? :unknown:) get the tractor out for the last 3 seasons.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
First time trying it out...

Thanks for posting the vids. We all talk so much about plows and snowblowers and FELs for snow removal, I think the brooms are an often forgotten option. :good2:

·
Registered
23,051 Posts
Thanks for posting the vids. We all talk so much about plows and snowblowers and FELs for snow removal, I think the brooms are an often forgotten option. :good2:
When I worked for Wending Creek Farms (John Regis) we used brooms quite often. He had single lane paved lanes running all throughout the farms so he could ride around and see everything - miles of them. The brooms worked very well up to 3”. He demanded the roads always been totally clear. Even in a decent plowable snow we still finished up with the brooms.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
When I worked for Wending Creek Farms (John Regis) we used brooms quite often. He had single lane paved lanes running all throughout the farms so he could ride around and see everything - miles of them. The brooms worked very well up to 3”. He demanded the roads always been totally clear. Even in a decent plowable snow we still finished up with the brooms.
I was thinking about sweeping snow today. It make me think of my late father in law, a great guy who was taken way too young. He would always sweep the driveway when there was about 3” or less of snow. The driveway is about 175’ and gravel/grass. Made me smile thinking of him out there doing it. For heavier snows, the neighbor came over with his big Massey Ferguson MFWD with FEL.

·
Registered
23,051 Posts
I was thinking about sweeping snow today. It make me think of my late father in law, a great guy who was taken way too young. He would always sweep the driveway when there was about 3” or less of snow. The driveway is about 175’ and gravel/grass. Made me smile thinking of him out there doing it. For heavier snows, the neighbor came over with his big Massey Ferguson MFWD with FEL.
I never think of the broom for the deck or front steps. Could have used it for my deck yesterday instead of the shovel.

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
I never think of the broom for the deck or front steps. Could have used it for my deck yesterday instead of the shovel.
I always grab the shovel first too.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
Nice I'm looking for one for my X595.

Oxpath take notes,leave the leaf blower for the leaves this is more fun.:good2:
After watching that video, maybe you’ll have to race me for one!

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Still wouldn’t show the video, just the link to click on.

Hit film button, copy and pasted url from tube then when I went to preview it was just the link.
Hmm either you fixed it after this post or it did work. It shows as the vid not a link...:unknown::cheers:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
After watching that video, maybe you’ll have to race me for one!
My driveway is getting paved in the spring,so hopefully fall I'll have one.:good2:
I have many other uses for one too.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Without exception, since I have my front mount broom, I never even put the blade or snowblower on the tractor for snows up to 3". With a paved driveway, the front mount broom is my snow removal tool of choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Without exception, since I have my front mount broom, I never even put the blade or snowblower on the tractor for snows up to 3". With a paved driveway, the front mount broom is my snow removal tool of choice.
3” was the max that I tested out when I got into anything deeper than that it, was time for the plow as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts