Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
Getting work done and having fun....is that allowed?:unknown::lol: The video is great, thanks for posting!:good2:

Reactions: pcabe5 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
You need a heated cab Silver! :good2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
great video, but it looks like 3 inches of snow compared to your front tire and the JD snowblower is weak throw distance for the heavy price..

·
Registered
375 Posts
great video, but it looks like 3 inches of snow compared to your front tire and the JD snowblower is weak throw distance for the heavy price..
Any snow blower suffers when it doesn't have enough volume of snow to fill the auger (or when the snow is heavy and wet). In the first half of the video, he had to drive slower as he was working around a vehicle. Plus, there wasn't a ton of snow to move compared to the volume that the auger can hold without spilling over. However, once he was on the long drive, you can see it was throwing a good 30 feet (03:20) because he was filling the auger.

I have a 1025r with a 54" snow blower. If I have only three inches of snow to throw, it only throws 10 to 20 feet if I don't drive fast enough because there isn't enough volume of snow getting to the impeller. I typically drive just fast enough that the snow is just about ready to spill past the auger housing, assuming it's safe to do so and I'm not driving next to an object. That keeps the auger full, the impeller happy, and the throw distances far. With 10-20 inches of snow, I can throw snow 30-40 feet at a much slower pace because the auger is kept full at all times. The larger the snow blower, the more volume of snow it needs to keep the throw distances high.

I have zero complaints with my 54" snow blower. Sure the price was steep compared to a three point snow blower, but I'd pay the extra price time and again to save the wear and tear on my back and neck. To me snow blowing is a joy with a front mounted snow blower.

Thanks for the videos Silvercymbal!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It really was 10 inches. The area by my driveway gets shielded by the house so it gets less. I am very pleased with the machine overall, the throw is fine for me. My honda standalone threw much better but it wasn't fun doing 1000feet with a 36" hand machine so for me the JD wins by far.

·
Premium Member
13,666 Posts
It really was 10 inches. The area by my driveway gets shielded by the house so it gets less. I am very pleased with the machine overall, the throw is fine for me. My honda standalone threw much better but it wasn't fun doing 1000feet with a 36" hand machine so for me the JD wins by far.
I think it did a great job thanks for the video.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How were you able to embed your Youtube video? I posted one today, but it only gave the link to click on. I tried several different options, but nothing worked for me.

Thanks,

Roger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts