Green Tractor Talk banner

Visit to local collection

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Superglidesport 
#1 ·
Last week-end, I attended a group social outing and visit to one of our local collections near Toowoomba. It was a great collection of the small to mid-size Johnny Poppers and also some Lanz Bulldogs. It was a hot day though but was good to sit in the shade for a yarn and look around this collection.
Can anyone identify the John Deere horse drawn implement? I will post the answer in a few day's time.

The small black Lanz in photos #1322 & 1323 is one of the first tractors Lanz built ant it is virtually a stationary engine on wheels with a very basic gear transmission drive. Don't know how many of these survive today and I have only seen one other here in Australia.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I saw a Lanz-Deere in a collection here. Much later than the one pictured. That's a cool collection.

That looks to be a little narrow and short for a potato digger, carrots, radishes?

#4 ·
Super cool pics. Thanks for sharing! :good2:

#5 ·
Looks like a great collection and I really like that crawler, thank you.

#8 ·
Yes, the horse drawn implement in the first photo is a potato digger. The sieve bars at the back of the implement are shaken up and down by a paddle type wheel, ground driven to separate the soil from the potatoes. There were several other small horse implements on show and all obtained locally as this area near us is known as Queensland's Salad Bowl. All types of vegetables are gown here. Thanks for everyone's comments.

#9 ·
Great photos of a nice collection. :hi:

Thanks for posting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.