Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we ruined a tire on one of the hay wagons hauling round bales home Sunday. Haven’t bought any tires for implements in a while so I figured i would replace all 4 on this wagon as they are getting pretty bad with dry root sun cracking etc. Started checking TSC, Rural King, Family Home And Fleet etc. Getting prices and availability, I then just put tire size in the search bar on google and Walmart came up. Would/Did never ever give them a thought for such an item. They were the cheapest, ships for free, and will be here Thursday. Name brand tires so didn’t hesitate and buy. Email right away and will see Thursday if they show up. Oh and you can pick up at store or send to home. :laugh: :munch:

Attachments

·
Registered
23,620 Posts
Same thing when I needed a pair of front tractor tires this spring. I’ve bought tires at Walmart before for Mrs. C’s car and was very pleased with the price and installation.

I didn’t even think of Walmart for tractor tires (R4) but they came up in a search just like you said.

Ordered the tractor tires online - same as what is on it - Carlisle Trac Chief. Took 3 days to come in. When I brought my old ones in they only charged me $5 each for installation. Very happy!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yep, Walmart can order anything as long as they are set up as a customer of any particular vendor (Carlisle) and can special order items.

·
Administrator
18,832 Posts
I had a similar experience when I needed tires for my trailer. Walmart had the best price on the four Goodyear radials and only $5 each to mount, I just took them the wheels. They also added the 2oz Dynabead packs I took in while mounting them. Extremely happy.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, Walmart can order anything as long as they are set up as a customer of any particular vendor (Carlisle) and can special order items.
I had a similar experience when I needed tires for my trailer. Walmart had the best price on the four Goodyear radials and only $5 each to mount, I just took them the wheels. They also added the 2oz Dynabead packs I took in while mounting them. Extremely happy.
Good to know. I guess I was shocked, far best price also. I guess i always check them now. I just never thought. Farming stores ought to be ashamed :mocking:

·
Premium Member
15,389 Posts
Sounds and looks like a great price.. who would have thought. :dunno:

Jdmich Good to know. I guess I was shocked, far best price also. I guess i always check them now. I just never thought. Farming stores ought to be ashamed

Special order from LOWES sometime,, well don't special order just check their price.. One of the co workers worked for them , he told me, plus I knew they were high , they charge either 20% or 30% above Manufacturer suggested price.

·
Premium Member
8,412 Posts
Farming stores ought to be ashamed :mocking:
Not just farming stores; but tire shops too.

My X754's left front tire got a small sidewall puncture, which means a tube or a replacement. I chose to go replacement as a tube looks to be more hassle than it's worth from the YouBoob videos I watched on the subject.

Carlisle lists Discount Tire as a dealer. I call up the local shop, and they said sure, no problem. I give them the model number, size, and my contact information. Nothing, just crickets. :banghead: I call up GCR Tire that specializes more in commercial trucks, AG, and construction equipment; plus they replaced both front tires on my 4200 when the sidewalls started failing. I give them the model number, size, and my contact information. Nothing, just crickets.

Cramazon has the same tire for $44, which is $10 - $15 less the tire shops not including mounting that would bring the cost to around $80 or $90 when all is said in done. Cramazon says the tire will be on my doorstep this Monday, and my gearhead neighbor that worked for Goodyear's tire stores for ages will install it. If I had to do it myself I can get a Horrible Fright manual tire changer that would fit in my bench vise for $42.

The Internet makes finding things so much easier, and I have a loooooooooooong memory.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I have had good luck with Discount Tire but I did it through Ebay. I will try Ebay first when it comes to any non-road vehicle tire. Saves me the hassle of driving to town or calling tire stores. You have to be careful though as some vendors on Ebay try and make up for a cheap price with crazy shipping.

I have bought many a trailer tire from Walmart over the years. I use them as my emergency tire source when on road trips with my cargo trailer. There prices are usually decent and if it is during the tire shop hours it's normally not too much of a hassle to drop the tire off and have it done while you wait. You won't confuse with a NASCAR pit stop but they can certainly limit your down time and they are usually located pretty close to interstates. I have had good luck using Firestone shops in that manner as well. They are a little harder to find sometimes if a mall isn't near by.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Came yesterday as promised.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,412 Posts
My X754 front tire arrived today too. Now to get the wheel off and schedule time for my gearhead neighbor to swap tires. Mine came from a place called Tire Wholesalers that partners with Cramazon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts