Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Wow! I thought 12 days was long. Now I'll keep my trap shut and hope that my delivery time is (maybe?) shorter than yours. The grass will be plenty high when it does arrive.
My four months have looked like this, looking back I have been waiting for about 2 1/2 months, I'm on week 11. My first quote was 12/17/2020 and the negotiation and attachment haggling began, so that is why it seems like 4 months. Then January 20th 2021 we agreed on price and terms and I signed my first purchase order and the waiting began.

Notice I stated, my first PO, as it has been stated many times before, the good folks on this site are more than happy helping you spend your money when it comes to tractoring. Since then I've had a very understanding salesman, "sure you can add that, I'll get you a price, and an updated PO to sign". I have added a couple of big ticket items and he was very fair with the pricing even with me on the hook already. So I took advantage of the 0% and headed towards my upper payment pain point. I did not reach that point so I feel really good about the purchase and what I am getting for my money. There were 3 additional POs signed and revised and signed again over the last two months.

My Purchase Journey
1/20/2021 PO #1
1025R and MSL w/ 53" bucket; 60" MMM w/ AutoConnect, Load-N-Go, and Much Kit; R4 Versa Turfs; AV10F Forks; JD 647 Tiller, 3rd function kit, AV20F Grapple; various odds and ends, wheel weights, Rim Guard, Suitcase weights, light guard and block heater.

I was planning on a heavy hitch 3 point weight rack for my rear ballast so I did not get the ballast box. Also in the meantime we got about 10" of drifting snow and I started shopping for snow removal options. This all while adding 2 orders for Ken's Bolt on Hooks, tie downs, 2 hooks and clevis mounts for the bucket, seat springs and dif lock pedal among other sundries from the local shops and stores.

2/19/2020 PO #2
Added the AF10F boom mount plow, the hydraulic angle kit, guides and deflector, and also added a ballast box as I had spent enough money outside the financing I could not justify the heavy hitch order that included the height rack, remember the sundries, they add up!

3/4/2021 PO #3
I added a Material Collection System. I went with the TVK20, thanks TTWT! Lots of trees and I currently have a powerflow system and a wagon for leaves, it works well enough but I was never very impressed with the plastic powerflow that hung kind of low on the deck, it's also on a tired GT235 so there's that too. I liked the PTO driven fan, the materials and construction, and the ease of use, at least from the videos I watched.

And then Finally
3/16/2021 PO#4
This one actually saved me money! My salesman called and said we have a problem with the snow blade. I should have know, lots of discussion about the 2025R MSL problems in the forums, and it does not fit the the MSL 120R loader. I saw some on the forum that modified the hooks and got them to work but I did not want to hack into a brand new attachment just to make it work so it was removed from the order and I ordered some Edge-Tamers to use while I look for a used blade or snow blower, probably which ever comes first.

In the same day my salesman ordered the TKV20, he sent me a picture of my bouncing baby tractor and stated the loader and mower were installed, the tiller and forks were here and we are just waiting on the grapple and MCS. Still need to install the 3rd function hydraulics and the power for the MCS when it gets here.

I talked to the salesman a couple days later and he sent me these and said it was going in for surgery and the 3rd service was being installed.

I knew that was a project as you have to take the tractor down to the frame, and why I was happy to give them $500 to install it. If they can do it in 5 hours more power to them, I do not have to mess with it.

The last I heard, talked to the salesman 4/1, the shop got it in Monday the 3/39 and it is starting to go back together. I was hoping to be able to pick everything up, sans the grapple, it is expected 4/22, and get to know it this weekend but I do not see that happening until next week some time.

Still Waiting....

Not sure where you all are located but my local dealer in PA (at 2 locations) has several 1025Rs sitting on their lots. Most with loaders and some with both loader and backhoe. Seems strange people are on a waiting list for delivery.

Not sure where you all are located but my local dealer in PA (at 2 locations) has several 1025Rs sitting on their lots. Most with loaders and some with both loader and backhoe. Seems strange people are on a waiting list for delivery.
If they're anything like my dealer, the tractors are likely sold. I never actually saw a 1025R until mine was at the dealer ready for delivery. That day there were several 1025R and 2025R's in the lot. Salesman said they were all spoken for. He went on to say that they couldn't count the number of missed sales due to not having units that people could actually touch and feel. He commented how he appreciated all the research I had done to educate myself prior to coming in and that he knew buying sight unseen is hard to do.

Of course, that was last fall (mid September to early December). It's possible things have improved a bit since then but people here are still lamenting long lead times.

Interesting fact I just learned this week... I emailed Deere customer service and asked for the actual build date of my 1025R. It was built on 10/21/2020. My order was finalized on September 21st. Dealer tried until the first week of October to try and locate a machine. Order was placed on the factory on October 6th. Built October 21st. Shipped from Deere on November 16th (can't figure out what that delay could have been). Delivery to me was December 7th (lost a week due to Thanksgiving).

Reactions: Rule292
I have 3 dealers within 15 miles of me. Two of them have/had TLBs in stock. The dealer I am buying from ordered mine in February and it's due in any day now (by 4/19 per Deere).

I chose to wait and order since none of the other dealers were even close to the price the 3rd dealer could give me. This dealer was on the money with the big online dealers that have the really cheap prices but are way too far away and would not quote me an online price since I was not in their sales region. The other were $2k more and had no interest in budging.

So I did the most difficult thing and am waiting. Strangely, my dealer sold his last 1025 TLB the day I decided I would take it so I had to wait. He's sold half a dozen units since then and still has that ol 2025 TLB in the showroom that I keep trying hard to ignore.

If they're anything like my dealer, the tractors are likely sold. I never actually saw a 1025R until mine was at the dealer ready for delivery. That day there were several 1025R and 2025R's in the lot. Salesman said they were all spoken for. He went on to say that they couldn't count the number of missed sales due to not having units that people could actually touch and feel. He commented how he appreciated all the research I had done to educate myself prior to coming in and that he knew buying sight unseen is hard to do.

Of course, that was last fall (mid September to early December). It's possible things have improved a bit since then but people here are still lamenting long lead times.

Interesting fact I just learned this week... I emailed Deere customer service and asked for the actual build date of my 1025R. It was built on 10/21/2020. My order was finalized on September 21st. Dealer tried until the first week of October to try and locate a machine. Order was placed on the factory on October 6th. Built October 21st. Shipped from Deere on November 16th (can't figure out what that delay could have been). Delivery to me was December 7th (lost a week due to Thanksgiving).
Hmmmm, hard to believe 15-20 tractors SOLD and sitting on the dealer's lot for months. Next trip to the dealer I will ask.

The dealers with waiting lists are selling those tractors sitting on their lot and moving product. I would have to believe if there is 20 tractors on the lot, the prices are better somewhere else, hence available product in a low/slow supply era.

Reactions: Rule292
my dealer is getting a 1025R for me from another dealer. He supposed to call me when they get it, so I can go look it over. I haven’t had any sort of a tractor for almost 20 years so this will be a new thing for me. I’m looking forward to learning a whole lot in these forups.
It’s been a couple weeks, any word on your machine?

The dealers with waiting lists are selling those tractors sitting on their lot and moving product. I would have to believe if there is 20 tractors on the lot, the prices are better somewhere else, hence available product in a low/slow supply era.
It is in my case. The dealer by me that has 3 or 4 stores has at least 10 1025r TLBs between his locations from what I see.

I've chosen to wait a few months to get a few grand more off of the bottom line.

I'm more worried about parts/build quality during a pandemic. That was what kept me from buying things in the 2007-2009 time frame.

Much of JD's parts content is Mexico, China and India and I know at least India has been hit hard by the pandemic. AND they have low wages and lots of employees and a robust economy so people leave jobs for better ones constantly. That concerns me a bit given the complexity of these machines and the parts content.

FWIW...I stopped by my local (PA) dealer today. There were at least 15 1 series and some 2 series tractors sitting on the lot. I asked the salesman if they were sold. He said "no". He also added that Deere will not allow them to sell a CUT (Gator too) outside of their area. Also the dealer is not allowed to transfer to another dealer outside of their area. I mentioned about getting ready to order a new X590 and he said do it quick as Deere is going to put them on allocation. Not sure if it is just the X590 or other X series tractors. Sounds like Deere has their "thumb" on the dealers and restricting new orders.

FWIW...I stopped by my local (PA) dealer today. There were at least 15 1 series and some 2 series tractors sitting on the lot. I asked the salesman if they were sold. He said "no". He also added that Deere will not allow them to sell a CUT (Gator too) outside of their area. Also the dealer is not allowed to transfer to another dealer outside of their area. I mentioned about getting ready to order a new X590 and he said do it quick as Deere is going to put them on allocation. Not sure if it is just the X590 or other X series tractors. Sounds like Deere has their "thumb" on the dealers and restricting new orders.

West Central never responded to my email in December even though Tractor House showed they had TLBs in stock when I emailed them and told them I'd take one at the listed price. Neither did Ag-Pro.

Strangely in December the day I went to buy my tractor my dealer had a 1025 TLB that must have been a dealer swap. It had a decal from a dealer that is 125 miles away. My dealer is an old family business so I found it strange to see a decal from a distant dealer in another state from an apparent dealer swap.

No idea how Deere dealer agreements work...

Reactions: farmer52
West Central never responded to my email in December even though Tractor House showed they had TLBs in stock when I emailed them and told them I'd take one at the listed price. Neither did Ag-Pro.

Strangely in December the day I went to buy my tractor my dealer had a 1025 TLB that must have been a dealer swap. It had a decal from a dealer that is 125 miles away. My dealer is an old family business so I found it strange to see a decal from a distant dealer in another state from an apparent dealer swap.

No idea how Deere dealer agreements work...
WCE Martinsburg is my local PA dealer. Don't know much about Ag Pro but they recently purchased Cope Eq Alliance. My salesman at Cope decided not to continue with AP.
Not sure where you are located in PA but is WCE your "local" dealer? They have several locations.

Perhaps the sticker/dealer was one that AgPro purchased?

Seems Deere's agreements keep changing. Sometimes not for the best.

Got an update on the installation of the third function and when I can pick it up from the dealer. I may be moving the wood pile this weekend! Salesman says it should be ready Friday.

Reactions: MattL
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.